Paint texture on 3d model is not showing on UV unwrap

I unwrapped my model and started painting on my 3d model. But the uv texture never changed as I was painting. I shrugged it off but apparently i can’t save my progress if I don’t have the uv image file which reflects my model’s colors.

I don’t know what I did wrong or how to do it right… Its really frustrating to see the colors on my model but then in the backend there’s all this stuff that can go wrong. I had closed blender only to see all my progress had disappeared.

great.

Some help would be greatly appreciated, this forum is like the most helpful forum on the internet.

Attachments

That’s weird. Are you certain that’s the only image in your blend?

You are right, there does seem to be another texture there, but I don’t know how to select it. I click on it put nothing changes.

Hi

You have wrong texture selected in UV/Image Editor…When You make a paint slot in Texturepaint - Texturepaint give it a default name.

Material.001 Diffuse Color…It in Your last picture…Use it to see Your painting…:slight_smile:

When You make the slot in Texturepaint You should give it a name…Easier to find later then…:slight_smile:

Tai

The textured viewport shading shows face assigned textures by default. Those are images assigned to UV faces in the UV/Image editor. The way to assign images is to select the UV’s and then select the image from the list.

The default texture paint mode works with material assigned textures. The way to show those is to switch to material viewport shading mode, which also needs a light source or a shadeless material. Or, if you want to show just the current image, could use textured viewport shading and select the appropriate paint slot.

All new and edited images have to be saved separately, they won’t save with the .blend. Once they’re saved on the hard drive, could use the save all images button on the tool shelf in texture paint mode to save all further edits.

Damn Noob <<<<<<

Tai

“The way to assign images is to select the UV’s and then select the image from the list.”

This worked! Thanks for the help guys!