Painting Normalmaps

Hey Guys.

I am always looking for a Tool to actually Paint Normalmaps right on the Model.
I’ve found quixel, but you not only need the quixel NDO, but also the newest version of Photoshop, which means its a bit costy…
I have found a Youtubevideo, which exactly displays what I would need, but the uploader is not really informative on how exactly he achieved what you see…

Is there a way to imitate what he did? Is there a good program, which is affordable for a Student?

Kind regards an have a nice Weekend

Gee

Better link to the video, you know, if we’re going to know what you’re referring to.

Damn, how did I mess up this bad? ^^
I edited the original post…

why not just convert a black and white bump map to a normal
easy , simple and quick

Hey, im the author of this video and I can share this. Ive got even better version of this.

@the uploader is not really informative on how exactly he achieved what you see, its not true. Im currently working on something a loot better than simple normal map painting.

You could try Substance Painter. You can get Substance Live for $20 a month, it’s a rent to own system so after you’ve paid a certain amount you’ll own the whole program (which is pretty powerful). There you can paint height details which are then converted to normals.

Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n5_bwLc3oYU

I hope that tutorial wont be necessary. Normal Map converter was made by Binary, rest by me.

have fun.

I’ve just looked around on your profile. What you do is really impressive!
It’s like every thread you post is a Goldmine ^^

And thank you very much for sharing. I suppose the blendswap-admins need their time to unlock your .blend?
It is not available yet.

Thanks again and kind regards