Pardon Me (BlenderKit Contest)

Hello there,
(sorry, this render needs his story)

A few weeks ago i decided to challenge myself with the Blender Kit contest, section Render.

Time passed, working on an other Project, and this week i had finally the chance to freely work at the Render for the contest.

I liked the idea so much that I started rushing the project and finished it in like 4 days.

I was pretty happy with my work, so I decided to go to the contest page and see some specifics for the Image size, there were none, but I Discovered that there was a Theme for the contest.
Obviously…
What contest has no Theme at all? ahhahah

The Theme is Cozy Winter, and I’ve gone for something like Strangeness in the City.

I don’t know what i did read a few weeks back, but my memory has a dark sense of humour.

SOOO…
The render is done with many BlenderKit Assets at least 50 (I think?!)
Maybe somes are even yours, if you find it thanks :slight_smile:

I modeled some extra objects just to give a funny meaning to the ones from the BlenderKit.

the Buildings are free photos from the web on an ImagePlane, remodeled, and frankly they look very nice for me considering the small amount of work needed.

this is the Final Render

solid version

-You’re very Welcome to zoom in and discover all the “puns” Shoe vs Asphalt

P.s.
Sorry for the harsh remodelig/retexturing.

With this picture I meant no Disrespect for any of the Blenderkit assets, which i Loved

I know Strangeness in the City would’ve been a great theme for the Contest ahahah

Still Pure for now :slight_smile:

Hope youll have fun with it :slight_smile:

7 Likes

:roll_eyes: :slightly_smiling_face:
congrats.

1 Like

Thank you mate :slight_smile:

1 Like

I featured you on BlenderNation, have a great weekend!

1 Like

Thank you Bart :melting_face:

Have a great weekend you too :slight_smile:

1 Like

really nice :wink: maybe put in some snow, there’s still time for that! :wink:

1 Like

Ahahahah you’re right :slight_smile:

You really can’t say cozy without a Giant crashing your things on the street :melting_face:

I’ll definitely try it, thanks :slight_smile:

1 Like

A lot of contestants took the topic quite loosely or with some twist, and it’s really up to the voting users who will win :wink:

1 Like

Thank you Vilèm for the kind Words and Encouragement it’s really appreciated :slight_smile:

I’ve tried implementing snow in the Scene but it was already at its limits.
My Laptop was Burning even if Every Asset was Optimezed after the Download.

So the Quest failed miserably, I’ve even tried turning my eyes to Grease Pencil, to keep it Pure and not going to Photoshop and Such, but Failed Again. Came out so bad… ahahhaha

So i’m kinda keeping this Work as A Reminder to do less Pot while reading about Contests ahahahah

I’ll send it Anyway, without the snow … i can’t even look at those ahaha,
cause it’s so out of theme that hopefully will crack a laugh here and there. This was its main purpouse anyway ahahah

i saw your Penguins on your Portfolio and I’ve recognized them from the Assets Bar, i was almost going to put them FLying trough the Skies but the general Idea brutaly cut due to my specs(almost every asset was under 5mb)
They’re majestic, i’ll definetely make it fly trough the skyes soon :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I’m really happy you had some fun, we really hoped the contest will be something enjoyable for people. We’re getting the voting pages ready :wink:

1 Like