Parisian Apartment

Thanks! The bed is from Blenderkit. But velvet material I did myself.

2 Likes

At first i would say your render is very good, it is exatly how i want,
Can you tell me about settings that you did for this render, how many samples did you use

1 Like

Thank you :slight_smile:
As I wanted a scene with lot of light coming from outside only, I set diffuse and other bounces to 32.
Nishita + area lights as portals on each window.
8000 samples.
Some local contrast, white balance and gently bloom in Darktable.

Thank you for asking,

cheers

Sinisa

Hmm, i don’t think you need portals, especially with 8000 samples. My interior scenes are usually lightend only with a HDRI and rendered with 2000 samples and 24 light bounces with the TurboTools denoiser, and have no visible noise.

1 Like

I don’t need, but It looks nicer to me. With portals enabled I get the look I wanted here. Enhanced sky color and better distribution of the environment light in the room. Many of parameters i set here are not so needed, but I tried how i will look like and how long it takes to render. This project is experimental, after I have already finished it for my client :slight_smile:

Exactly my thoughts: If the client is happy it doesn’t necessarily mean the artist is happy :grinning:

1 Like

That’s a fantastic job! Congrats!

1 Like

is it rendered in 4k with 8000 samples?

1 Like

Thank you very much :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you for asking. I rendered it in 3000x4000 pixels with 8000 samples.
Still it was a bit noisy, but denoiser did it’s job.
Probably 10000 samples would be perfect.
Cheers

Sinisa

1 Like

Thank you :smiley: That is fun :smiley: I like it!

Exactly that :smiley:

You’re on the featured row! :+1:

1 Like

Amazing! High quality work you did :muscle:

P.s.: Can you upload Solid views, Wireframe render and Clay render? I will post your work on Blender Cycles best artworks.

1 Like

Thanks Bart! I feel very honored to see my work there :smiley:

1 Like

Thank you! I am glad you like it. I will post it for sure. Wireframe will be pretty dense :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ok, great. Will wait

1 Like

Overall I like it. Just seems to me there’s too much light bouncing from the fabric, especially the darker one.

1 Like

Thanks! Yes, good eye :slight_smile: Sheen shader I set a bit stronger there.