Particle and collisions...

So, new feature is particle aware of meshes, so they can stay out and bounce away…

but of course if the particle is born inside

1.6Mb DivX 5.11

Stefano

Is it just me or do the particles slow down the longer they travel? This looks really good, might be fun to try making a waterfall with this. Now all we need is raytraced particles :slight_smile: hint hint :wink:

is the new blender out yet?

this is a very interesting effect - nice example.

Very cool demo.

Demonghast: You’d set the particles to, ummm, I forget exactly, but there’s a button that causes particles to be duplicates of a linked object, instead of just plain particles. You’d link them to an appropriately sized metaball, set with a raytraced refracting water material. Waterfall!

Harkyman: You kind of confused me there… does that just make the metaball follow the particle? Or does it reflect a metaball as the particle?

I’ve somewhat given up on using particles. The fact that they don’t reflect just makes them look odd in many scenes. Like steam comming from a pipe yet only seeing the pipe in a reflection.

Its dupliverts, it turns the particle into a metaball

Read this:
http://download.blender.org/documentation/NaN_docs/Manual2.0/Particles.html

co could it make a strand of hair “drape” over a shoulder? This is something I can’t figure how to do.

could someone plz gimme the link so I could dl this feature? (too lazy/tired to search)

blender.org test build forums. It REALly doesnt take THAT much effort to check there

I have been unable to make it interact nicely with static particles … to the point where I don’t think that they’re supported at all :frowning:

A word of warning about the last build I got from the forum, the one that said "animated textures " etcit. crashes when using some normal functions.

““I have been unable to make it interact nicely with static particles … to the point where I don’t think that they’re supported at all””

Well if you were just doing a one frame render… you could use non static. I think this will become a very good feature if developed more.