Particle animation rendering slow?

Hi,

i created a simple particle animation with an emitter and 5000 particles (cross shaped). When i render the animation there is a long pause between the rendering of the frames. Is this normal behaviour?
Is Blender recreating the particles for every frame?

MfG
sk2k

Are you using a SVN version or 2.45?

SVN has a new particle system which uses the hard drive pretty heavily for it’s cache, thus incurring a little pause between frames.

But my experience has been that it’s not that slow.

Hmm, it takes nearly 12 s from frame to frame. The rendering of a frame is done in around 0.45 s.

I use a SVN version (win32blender071217.zip) from here: http://www.zoo-logique.org/3D.Blender/index.php3?zoo=com

The delay between the renderings looks weird.

MfG
sk2k

Can you post a .blend?

I’ve rendered some particle heavy animations and it doesn’t take nearly that long.

Looks like i found the problem. I used a plane as the emitter. I scrapped the scene and used a box and Voila! fast rendering with no delays.

Can you confirm this behaviour with the plane?

MfG
sk2k

Made a plane, subdivided it a few times, added an particle system. set object and random velocity and rendered with no delays.

You may at some point want to post the blend to see if others are having the same problem. Could be a build, archtecture etc difference.

He, i never subdivided the plane. So this was the real problem.

MfG
sk2k