Particles Hair simulation issue

Hi… :slightly_smiling_face:

As you can see in the image 01 and image 02 that my character is sitting in the car. As the car starts moving, my character’s hair starts flying behind because the character is child of the car. I want that the hair should not be simulated according to the movement of the car, the hair should be simulated according to the character’s own movement (My character is talking to someone else in the car) Please suggest me how to solve this issue.

If you wanted a perfectly realistic simulation of this, Blender would need to be able to simulate air that’s enclosed in a moving car. However, Blender can’t do that, so you will have to be a bit creative.

If it’s possible in your scene, the easiest way would be to have the car be static and move the landscape instead.

An other way I can think of would be to have a wind force field that perfectly counters the car’s speed. However, that would be hard if the car changes speed over time.

If those options don’t work in you case, then it might be possible to do it with a bit of compositing. You start by doing a first render where the car and characters are invisible, so you have just the moving landscape. Then, you make a second version of the scene, where the car doesn’t move, so the hair can simulate well. You render that second scene with a transparent background and composite the moving landscape outside.