PBR Materials 3

Thank you for this great materials addon macio.

I have update manually and automatically always i get this error. Cant use the addon. Any suggestion or Help. Thanks

Previous version also disappeared. Thanks i have the backup of previous version.

From PBR Materials 3.2 the addon works only in Blender 2.8, you are using that version in 2.79

I installed version 3.1, because I have Blender 2.79. How can I enable addon panel (point 9 in manual)?

You can find it under the material properties of the object

Itā€™s broken with Build from today.

Exception in module register(): E:\Blender-28\scripts\addons\PBR Materials\__init__.py
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "E:\Blender-28\2.80\scripts\modules\addon_utils.py", line 384, in enable mod.register()
File "E:\Blender-28\scripts\addons\PBR Materials\__init__.py", line 951, in register bpy.utils.register_class(cls)
RuntimeError: Error: 'pbr_previews' doesn't contain '_PT_' with prefix & suffix

Yeah, i know, going to update it today. Thank you by the way.

Many thanks for the fix.

I love the ability to add the Texture node groups but how can I add my own to that list?

Hey, thanks for using the PBR Materials add-on :). Well, if you want to append your nodes you have to understand the hierarchy inside the zip add-on, unzip it, then you will see the blends folder and the icons one. Give a look to understand how it appends them.

I saw the blend files but when I opened them they appeared to be empty in the outline and I couldnā€™t select any materials in the shader window.

Because they are Fake User, which means they are still in the blend file also if there is no object on which they are applied to. To see them just add a cube and apply one of the available materials

Ah Ok thank you! I donā€™t understand the data/users concept yet in Blender. I do see them under orphan data which I understand means it isnā€™t assigned to a mesh yet, would a mesh count as a user?
Once Iā€™ve made a node group how do I add it to the list of orphaned, fake user node groups I see in the outliner?

Yeah, a mesh counts as a user, just add a material to a cube, then click on the shield icon