Pendulum dropping sand (or particle) trace

Hey,

I’m physics teacher and I would like to create a pendulum dropping a trace on the flat ground.

I think I can do a pendulum animation using key frames, but I don’t have any idea how to have a sand or particle trace flat on the ground.

thanks in advance for any hints

Hey, Welcome to BA !! If you want particles coming from the swinging weight(?) - make that mesh object to be an ‘Emitter’ - your ground plane will need some type of physics so your particles can build up and not pass thru. I would search for ‘Blender Particle Physics’ or something like that.

Hey, thank you! A surprisingly straightforward solution. The only problem being that the particles inherit the speed of the emitter. Which is physically perfect. But I would like the particles to fall down straight, so that the trace on the ground resembles a sine wave.

Is there any way to accomplish that? Searching did not give any hints on that.

But even without perfect sine a good solution! Thx!

Hey, not sure what you mean/refer to ‘sine wave’ - if it is rolling hills and valleys kinda thing, maybe a second ground plane mesh in that shape (?) there is also ‘Forces’ that act upon/with the ‘physics’ part which could possibly be helpful.