People To People Student Ambassador Programs

Hello All,
Well, today my brother, father, and I got letters saying we could go with people to people to various locations. My brother, and I both get to go to Australia, and my dad gets to go to japan with high schoolers…

So my real question is’ is it safe, does everyone get one? Why did they offer one to my bro when he’s 9 almost 10… Why did they offer my dad it when he’s not in high school…

I’ve been to the website for it… But, I’m still wondering is it safe stuff like that…

So anyone who knows about this program, or is going to it, or has been on it could you give me some info

Please and thank you for your time!!

Hello TheMonkeyCreator,

I went on a People To People trip four years ago, we traveled through parts of northern europe and just touched the border of Poland…

People To People is an okay experience, the only thing that I find lacking is the little freedom that the tours allow. My dad traveled to Prague for a month and fifteen days without spending much more money than I did for the three week program. I didn’t really enjoy the experience as much as my previous trips around the world (with my parents), and found little things… Like the inability to explore the Louvre, or eat at the resaurant of my choice disheartening.

Most European countries are not dangerous or pose a threat to foreigners. I would suggest that you and your family plan a trip together that would entail much more freedom.

Some trips that I have gone on without tour groups are:
England - Family
Greece - Friends
Poland - Family
Costa Rica/Mexico - Moms Business

All of which where far more entertaining than People To People…

Nik

Hmm sounds like it wasn’t much fun lolz…

I’ve been to italy with parents, and loved it cause well we weren’t being told what to do, and stuff!

So with that alone I might change my mine on going…

Also thanks for your input!