Pho Bot

This is the second version of this project. Worked on the lighting and story a bit.

55 Likes

love it! really good job!

2 Likes

Cool concept - nice work! :+1:

2 Likes

Thank you!

Thanks! I appreciate it :slight_smile:

I featured you on BlenderNation, have a great weekend!

1 Like

You’re #featured! :tada:

1 Like

Fun story

I had Pho as a student in the USA.
When I came back to the USA it took me 7 years to find that soup style again.

My wife told me that few streest away a new vietnamese soup place opened.
After the first sip I burst out in tears because unexpectedly I did realize that I just had ordered what I was searching for for such a long time.

To make things even more funny the store owner saw that and asked my wife if I am ok.
And I replied crying that I finally found what I had once as a student in Mineapolis.

Well I should have put one and one together and that my Hmong study friends were from Vietnam and Vietnams most famous soup simply is Pho.

Should have Googled it - lol

3 Likes

Thank you for sharing that fun little story. I really enjoyed reading it and showing it to my wife. Nice to hear that someone else shares my love for the magical soup known as pho :slight_smile:

1 Like

Looks good!
Ian Hubert just uploaded a video a week ago of an ‘cooking robot’ which reminds me of this. You should check it out.

3 Likes

Great artwork. I’m Vietnamese and this could be a great way to make Phở.

1 Like

I did see that. It was just a coincidence that I had been working on similar subject mater. His is obviously lightyears better than mine.

Hmm 
 I was wondering why my last plate of that stuff tasted a bit metallic! :smiley:

Very nice execution and attention to detail all around. Especially nice that you thought to include the sort of “pictorial menu” that are often found in such places, and what looks like an employee(?) bulletin board and – is that some kind of electrical box on the back wall? All around, it really looks and feels like a place.