Photographer - Camera Exposure, White Balance, Autofocus, Physical Lights, Bokeh, Render Queue

I have a request. I don’t know how difficult it’s to implement but it would help me a lot if you you can store Resolution settings per camera.

For my current project I need to make sure the composition makes sense for square, vertical and horizontal crop. Each has different aspect ratio. It would be great to be able to switch between cameras and not readjust the settings each time.

Presets partially solve the issue but it would be nice if Camera’s can remember this settings as well when switching between them.

2 Likes

I am not sure I understand your problem, you can already set different resolution and aspect ratios per camera, just make sure you enable the Resolution panel for each camera.
If you then switch cameras using the Camera List “Look Through” button, the Resolution settings stored by camera will be applied properly.

2 Likes

You’re right. It works as expected when you switch the cameras in the plugin panel (1). I’m just used to switch the cameras in the outliner (2) and it doesn’t work that way. Force of habit.

Thank you for pointing it out!

1 Like

Unfortunately, it’s not possible to “watch” if a property outside of the add-on has changed (not in a decent way at least), so you have to stay with the Photographer UI.

You are two to have asked the same question in the last 24 hours, so I’ll look into making a proper documentation with a troubleshoot section.
After I’m done with some AF fixes I’m doing for next version :slight_smile:

1 Like

Not sure if this was asked before, but here we go.

Would it be possible for the addon to create a camera that covers the whole viewport?
I know that the scene has its own render resolution, but for this case maybe a new camera button that is created with the custom resolition enabled.

It is extremly annoying when navigating in the scene and finding a good viewpoint, then clicking on create camera and that thing is just a small thing in the middle of the viewport :sob:

Cheers,
Juan

1 Like

It’s something that has also annoyed me in the past, I’ll see what I can do.

3 Likes

This would be so awesome!!

Version 3.6.3 is out:

• Added: Rename Camera in the Panel
    Select camera with the Cursor Button on the left

• Fixed: Focus Plane with AF tracking incorrect math

• Improved: Autofocus accuracy. AF-S and AF-Track are now available even when not looking through the camera.

• Improved: Interaction between modals and Focus Planes to avoid raycast issues

• Improved: Overall trackers and Focus planes stability

10 Likes

Version 3.6.4 is out:

• Added: Add Camera will maintain framing from the viewport (requested by @jcfnav @C_G )
  • Fixed: Tracker and Focus plane location issue, should work in all scenes now.
  • Added: Focus Plane button in Camera list
  • Added: Focus Plane support for LuxCore
  • Fixed: Minor UI issues

This is going to be an LTS version, it won’t get new features or updates, except to fix major bugs.

13 Likes

Ohhh yes! Nice work! And quick work! Nice christmas gift u hand us. Cheers!!!:heart_eyes::hugs::christmas_tree:

1 Like

Awesome, thank you!! :100:

1 Like

Nice upgrades again!
Thanks for creating this addon, I cannot work without it anymore. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hotfix 3.6.5:

• Fixed: Focus Planes should not be visible in the renders.

I messed up, sorry for the inconvenience.

5 Likes

Hi chafouin, I have a bug report, when I try to :white_check_mark: photographer_3.6.5 from the add-on menu in blender 2.91, I get the following error and cannot install it properly.

Is it possible to fix this bug?

Traceback (most recent call last):
File “C:\Program Files\Blender Foundation\Blender 2.91\2.91\scripts\modules\addon_utils.py”, line 382, in enable
mod.register()
File “C:\~\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.91\scripts\addons\photographer_init_.py”, line 165, in register
from bpy.types import (
ImportError: cannot import name ‘DATA_PT_EEVEE_light_distance’ from ‘bpy.types’ (unknown location)

Hey @chafouin, I don’t know if this is a bug, but when I use the eye dropper tool in white balance it begins with an error and then won’t stop the sampling after the first click and release. It’s as if it toggles on and won’t release. I am using blender 2.90.1 with optix denoiser on. Is this normal, I hit escape to remove the eyedropper selected cursor. But it just samples all the time and keeps refreshing. It makes the eyedropper tool unusable. I am using your latest update btw.

This is the error when I click somewhere on the viewport while in preview mode

Any idea on what is going on?

Also you asked me to send to you when the viewport tabs are not showing up in this case it isn’t there, I have to disable and re enable the addon for them to show up again. This is in 2.90.1 again.

Why is this happening?

This is me disabling and renabling the addon

Looking into the first error, thanks for reporting.

About the second one: no error message in the console? They don’t come back if you get out of the camera and back in? Only if you restart the add-on?

Correct, no there is no error in the console, I just disable and re enable. IT’s weird I know.

I have had this bug as well. Disabling and restarting Blender, then enabling the addon seems to correct itself. No error whatsoever in the console. Not a major problem for me, just a weird one.

Just chipping in about the second bug… Now works fine. I had render lock bug in the startup file that couldn’t be disabled no matter what. So I made a new startup from scratch.
I suspect there’s a bug in Blender.

1 Like