Photographer - Camera Exposure, White Balance, Autofocus, Physical Lights, Bokeh, Render Queue

Continuing the discussion from Photographer - Camera Exposure, White balance, Autofocus and Physical Lights:

Hoping this is the correct forum:)

Loving your light packs, and really want to create an asset library using KitOps, as all my assets are handled here. But when I create an insert using the light pack asset it breaks the light setup. Does anyone in here know what the issue might be, and if it can be fixed? or should I abandon the idea

1 Like

I can give it a try. KitOps 2 I presume? I never received my free update for that one, I need to contact Chipp again, might take a bit of time.

1 Like

I am looking into the other error reports but that will take a bit more time to fix and test.

For now I release a fix for @Vesper 's report, which is pretty nasty and could affect a lot of people.

3.6.6:

• Fixed: White Balance picker now works with more than one 3D view in the workspace.
2 Likes

Yup thatā€™s the one:) If none other has the same requests just down prioritize it to nice to have, bug hunting comes first:) Though having your light packs as Kpacks would be insanely cool:)

1 Like

@chafouin

Somethingā€™s amissā€¦ :thinking: Where did WB color picker go?

The picker can only be accessed from the Photographer panel, not the Camera properties panel. I could probably add the same Color swatch from the Image and Node editor, but the real-time picker canā€™t work from there.

:thinking: but was thereā€¦
hereā€™s v3.1.0

Which version of Blender are you using? The picker was not working at all in Blender 2.91, the BGL API is getting deprecated, and I had to rewrite it.
The new one has its pros (works better and realtime in the viewport) and cons (doesnā€™t work from camera properties, have to use a color swatch in the Image and Node editor for the time being). I talk a bit about it in my last video. I donā€™t want to maintain 2 different versions of the picker, one for Blender 2.90 and below, and one for Blender 2.91 and above. This would add more complexity, thus more potential bugs.

I had a look at bringing the Color Swatch in the Camera properties, but I now remember why I decided to not add it there: you would have to reset the White Balance before every color pick you do. Surprisingly, you donā€™t have to do that in the image editor, but you do from the Camera Properties, and that would add confusion in the way the picker works, so I opted for removing it completely from the Camera Properties.

I donā€™t think there is way to work around it, the eyedropper is not something that is accessible in Python API, I need to do with what I have :frowning:

1 Like

Using too many versions :roll_eyes: depending on needs, but mainly 2.83LTS
Anyway, Image Editor is OK & thank you for explanation.

Iā€™m dabbling with the false color option. Is there any info to which color corosponds to which exposure level? From field monitors Iā€™m used to have skin tones in light grey (around 70 IRE). But as far as I can see the false color used here is ā€œjustā€ a multicolor gradient. So Iā€™m not sure which level matches skin tones best. Any pointers?

@chafouin there is a new addon which can set the light in f-stops. Blender Light Manager - Light list.
Unfortunately it only works with power. Is it possible that Photographer can use the input for the other light modes (lumen, candela, etc.)?
Or can photographer offer something like that ?

2 Likes

Not sure I understand your question, you want to get Exposure steps for all light units and not just the artistic unit? That can be easily added.

However, Photographer wonā€™t be compatible with the Blender Light Manager add-on, unless he decides to support Photographerā€™s new light properties and not just Blenderā€™s default Power.
There is no way to ā€œlistenā€ if a Blender property changed, not a ā€œsaneā€ way to do it at least.

1 Like

Instead of the normal Blender slider, I find the settings via f-stops more intuitive. In addition to the sliders (not instead of them) of course. I think this would be a good thing in Photographer (at least better than involving another addon).

1 Like

New version 3.7.0 is available:

• Added: Physical light Stop adjustments to quickly double / halve light intensities (suggested by @MarioPeper)

• Changed: Reorganized UI panels with Camera Body and Lens.
    This makes it easier to save Camera bodies presets and Lenses presets, to be able to mix and match.
    image image
    Note: If you had saved your own presets in previous versions, they are not lost. Go to your *scripts\presets\photographer* folder, and copy your saved presets from the cameras and dof folders into both camera and lens folders (you donā€™t need to copy the default provided presets, they have been updated already).

• Changed: Resolution panel is now a subpanel Camera Body, Depth of Field is now a subpanel of Lens.

• Added: Resolution panel now available in Image and Node Editor.

• Added: Lens Tilt settings to Camera Properties panel.

• Fixed: Header buttons behavior when using several 3D views.

• Other stability improvements and minor UI tweaks.

12 Likes

Great, that was fast thanks @chafouin. :+1:
One small thing: Lenspanel does not change when you change the panel name in the preferences. :wink:

Fixed, sorry about that. I really need to rewrite that feature.

1 Like

Perfect! Exactly what I was looking for!

1 Like

I looked into supporting KitOps manager andā€¦ itā€™s not really straightforward. For what itā€™s worth, Iā€™ll make sure the Lightpacks are compatible with the new Blender Asset manager, if it is as good as what I currently provide with the Simple Asset Manager. That would be one less add-on to use at least.
BTW, the iMeshh asset manager is based on the Simple Asset Manager as well, so Lightpacks should work fine with it, and they keep improving it for free.

@chafouin:
With the speed of Blender development, checking for addon compatibility can be a bit complex, and annoying.
Above you wrote 2.6.4 was LTS, and only gets bugfixes. Is 2.6.6 a bugfix version, or a new version?

And the 2.7x versions, are they for Blender 2.9x and upwards, or still work properly in 2.83LTS as well?
If the first, it might be good to mention that somewhere to avoid questions with things not or not properly working. :wink:

cheers!

roib