Photoreal try - UPDATE=page 2

@ zachboy. Yea, I used 10 samples of AO. Just takes so long to render. :frowning: Iā€™m not sure how I would be able to add depth to the soda machine, but I guess Iā€™ll just play around with the textures.

@ digital me: Iā€™ll try that and see what I come up with.

Oh by the way. Last night I tried to render the pic with a huge resolution so I could scale it down. But a error message came up and said that I didnā€™t have enough virtual memory. :-? Maybe itā€™s the octree resolution which is @ 512.

No need to use AO. Use a spotlight with alot of blured shadow. Play more with the shadiw settings. Try mot to use raytrace in the begining of the moddleingā€¦ takes to much time.

Ok, last night i rendered the pic with a huge resolution. I could see the Nor affects in the render window. But when I saved it as a jpeg, they were gone. Guess it wasnā€™t OSAā€™s fault after all. :-?

UPDATE:

Havenā€™t hade much time to do anything to this but here is a small update: http://zachgmedia.com/WIP4.jpeg

I added an area light and put some stuff in the dumpster. C&C!

Everyone keeps saying how the texture repeats. Um, didnā€™t you mention that in the original post? Well whatever, I like it. I think you could add to the picture by adding a torn poster or somthing to the wall. It just seems a little blank IMO

YOu need to bevel all your edges. Everything that is square, (i.e. the dumpster, the pop machine), need to have smoother, rounder corners.

Try UV mapping tat image to the dumpster instead of applying it as an image texture. I think you will be happier with the results.

I agree with gpopguru about adding some posters or something lese to the concrete wall. Will more to the mood of the image.

BgDM