Physical Starlight and Atmosphere Addon for 2.9 (v1.4) - now with Clouds!

I cant even get 1.1 to install. when i addd the addon like usial in the preference install ii just get this in the bottom of my blender ui -

1 Like

The latest version on Gumroad fails to install properly due to missing subfolder. Unzip the files, and place the files in a folder labeled

physicalStarlightAtmosphere

Then zip this folder. Install, and it will work.

4 Likes

Is it available for trial?

This worked. Thanks :slight_smile:

thanks for the tip, i will fix it again. I did not know it is crucial.

Alright, new fixed zip is uploaded on Gumroad and BlenderMarket.
installed fine on both Mac and PC. whew :sweat_smile:

Awesome looking shots!
Yes ultimately I want to replace flat model to spherical one.

hmmmmm, I would have to do some research how to make a demo addon. Let me I`ll think of this idea.

Are there any plans for procedural stars?

Awesome work, I’m so glad someone released a physical sky system that was missing in Blender, and you even delivered beyond that!

1 Like

btw, where did you get the ‘Sun Position addon’? I would love to use it in future instead of reinventing the wheel.

Hi Martin,
I really like what you created with this addon!!
I’m looking forward to a solution where the proces of adding a node in every material for the fog to work is automated…

Is this is the addon you where searching for?

Greetz JW

1 Like

welcome to the community!
yes, this is the one, thank you.
ill see how i can integrate it in the workflow.

automated fog node adder and remover is in the progress. already working but not tested in any condition. i’m being careful now with rushed updates :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Hi Martin,

Yes. That’s the Sun Position addon. Very useful.

Great to hear that you are working on a spherical version. We look forward to it!

1 Like

Hi, looking forward to Documentation + tutorials when possible. Also if anyone has a demo scene for those of us new to Blender 8.1 look forward to learning Atmosphere but will need help getting started ~ thanks!

1 Like

Feature request
@martinsh U have mentioned about presets, which will be helpful to store a sky setting and transfer it to different files. Can u add an option to store different sky settings within the scene as TAKES [Take 01, 02],So that we can store a settings and explore more lighting conditions within the scene. And finally we can add the TAKES as Presets for future use.

Your addon (v1.1) + Sun Position (v3.0.1) work together :slight_smile: Your Azimuth/Elevation values fight the Sun Position controls depending on which values were manipulated last.

4 Likes

Hi martinsh,

this addon also works with the luxcorerender_Blender 2.8 ?

thanks

very nice, I will work on a way how they can compliment each other.

1 Like