Piano machine - edit: + sketchfab (!)

Hello!

In the past week I’ve been working on this project, focusing on modelisation.

You can find the WIP thread here:

I also tried to use iterations and multi-user data alot, to reduce memory usage and polycount; final memory usage 700Mo with HDR.

Sketchfab (!):

Here are 3 renders but the WIP thread has more details (lots of things not visible on renders at all… frustrating!!! )

I want to try and make a wallpaper with this, if it looks good I’ll post it below!

Thanks for reading!

1 Like

Wow, this thing is packed with detail! Looks amazing :smiley:
As cool as it is now, I think it would look even better with some textures and shaders

Anyway, nice work!

Great model! Love it!

That turned out so amazing! Really nicely done :smiley:

Very nice work. Where did the inspiration come from and how many hours of work is that?

This is great. Love the rotary engine on it. It would be interesting to see it animated like in the Animusic videos.

This is amazing modeling! I wonder what this would sound like!

thanks guys!!!

@Jeepster Yes of course, it’d be great to texture it, but that would take so much time… I hope I can do it before too long (who doesn’t love UV mapping and texture tiling for hours… right? ahah)

@Breagha thank you and thanks for commenting the WIP!

@Ryeath Thanks! Yeah that’s not a bad idea! But I have to say, I won’t get close to Animusic with this… It’s just a whole bunch of mecanics but they don’t make any sense, but I guess I could find ways to animate it anyway!

@ItalianJoy thanks! I know, right? I imagine it sounding like an organ mixed with an ocean liner ^^

hahaaa…brightened my morning…glad you did it in clay(except for “those” parts)…makes detail and relationships more focused…sweet…

Yes of course, it’d be great to texture it, but that would take so much time… I hope I can do it before too long (who doesn’t love UV mapping and texture tiling for hours.

I hope at some point you reconsider, because you really did a wonderful job modeling this. My recommendation is take a good long break from it, and come back with fresh eyes and do a top notch texturing job on it…

Thanks Frank!

@harleynut97 thanks you very much! Well, I think you’re right, I’ll just wait till I have a little more free time and get to work on it! Thanks alot for the support!

awesome! very good modeling

Thanks isshak!

While I’m at it, here are some additional renders that show more parts (mostly hidden, so forgive the unpolished pieces)

I was curious to see if it could run on sketchfab. It can.

For that I had to delete most subsurfs, bevels etc, and the Decimate modifier is pure magic, divides the polycount by 2 while keeping decent details. I removed almost nothing from the model.
500k+ vertices
Runs very smoothly on my laptop.