Pie Menu Editor 1.15.9

add-ons
commercial

(roaoao) #1542

Make sure that you called external script from Command tab. We can call operators only there.

Thanks, will try to fix.

(Matt) #1543

This is probably totally wrong/not good, since it calls per “Tick” of the spinner, but this is how I was doing it.

I’m not sure how to feed in data to the spinner otherwise, without maybe building it from scratch in Python?

(dpdp) #1544

Your excellent addon version 1.15.4 crashes the latest nightly build of 2.8 from 28 August as soon as the add-on is enabled in the User Preferences. It may be advisable to skip updating for a while until the committers finalize the python api. It is, as far as I know, still a WIP with many changes coming. You could be chasing blender crashing bugs for weeks.

(roaoao) #1545

Yes, maybe you’re right.

(dpdp) #1546

I don’t want to discourage you from keeping the code up to date, because I really miss my custom interface whenever I open 2.8. I realize how essential your add on is every time I do.

I’m just trying to protect your sanity. :wink:

(Matt) #1547

Not sure if you tried to do the Local vs. Global thing I mentioned or not yet?

(roaoao) #1548

It’s not possible in the current version. Still need to fix some issues and add a feature for listening mouseDown/mouseUp events.

(Matt) #1549

Aaah ok. No problem! I’ll wait. Thank you!!

Latest 2.8 is giving lots of errors. I guess it needs to be updated again, right?

Using 1.15.4 with the very latest version downloaded just now.

(roaoao) #1551

Yes, some changes in python API. I’m going to upload the patch in this thread next week.

Great to hear. Thanks man.

(Matt) #1553

This doesn’t necessarily go along with your Addon exactly, but in Python/in Blender, can I create a layout.prop_search, where it initially loads up a specific Object, but then when I click the drop down/select another object, it replaces it, and doesn’t RENAME the original?

def draw_item(self, context, layout, data, item, icon, active_data, active_propname, index):
		obj = item.object

split.prop_search(obj,"name",bpy.context.scene,"objects","","",False,'OBJECT_DATA')

(roaoao) #1554

Try to replace obj with item.

(Matt) #1555

Ah. Thank you!

Well I manged to learn a good bit/am figuring things out now. Although, I’m not sure how to fix alignment issues like this? Trying to not makke that Int Label as wide/push other right items over to left more.

split = layout.split(0.2,align=True)
		split.prop(obj,'modToggle',"","",False,'RESTRICT_VIEW_OFF')
		split.label("Int: %d" % (index))

row = layout.split(0.35,align=True)
		row.prop(obj, "name")
		row.prop(obj,'modOperator')
		row.prop_search(obj, "boolModObject",bpy.context.scene,"objects","","",False,'OBJECT_DATA') 

(roaoao) #1556

Split layout into 2 sub-rows:

split = layout.split(0.2, align=True)
left = split.row(align=True)
right = split.row(align=True)
left.prop(obj,'modToggle',"","",False,'RESTRICT_VIEW_OFF')
left.label("Int: %d" % (index))
right.prop(obj, "name")
right.prop(obj,'modOperator')
right.prop_search(obj, "boolModObject",bpy.context.scene,"objects","","",False,'OBJECT_DATA')

(Matt) #1557

Awesome, thank you!! :smiley:

(Matt) #1558

Any idea why suddenly my Pop Dialog List would stop refreshing/until I resize the list with the little grabber below it?

Yesterday when i would Add/Remove Items/Move Up/Down, it would refresh as expected. Now suddenly, it’s not updating till I force it basically. Very weird…

Maybe I can force a UI update some other way…

Edit: I fixed it! :smiley:

Luckily I had a copy from last night, backed up on my Google Drive. I should work from that dir from now on/backup constantly. I usually do anyways when doing C#/Maxscripts.

But anyways, I had removed this code, but apparently it’s needed to Update the UIList/Popup Dialog Properly…

#NEED THIS TO UPDATE UI IN REALTIME. FOR SOME REASON!
def check(self, context):
		return True

def invoke(self, context, event):

(R_dva) #1559

Hi, Roaoao. It possible to added a preference button to items? For example orbit style. When i dont so close to object, i use turntable orbit, but then i very close to vertises i need trackball orbit

(roaoao) #1560

Hi, @R_dva.
Yes, use this path in Property tab:

C.user_preferences.inputs.view_rotate_method

You can find short paths in python tooltips. Eg: UserPreferencesInput.view_rotate_method.
Here is a list of full paths for user preferences:

UserPreferences: C.user_preferences
UserPreferencesEdit: C.user_preferences.edit
UserPreferencesFilePaths: C.user_preferences.filepaths
UserPreferencesInput: C.user_preferences.inputs
UserPreferencesSystem: C.user_preferences.system
UserPreferencesView: C.user_preferences.view

Or use this code in Custom tab:

L.column(align=True).prop(C.user_preferences.inputs, "view_rotate_method", expand=True)

(roaoao) #1561

Pie Menu Editor 1.15.5

What’s New:

• Blender 2.8 Alpha Support
  • Bug fixes

How to Update:

• Backup your pie menus using Export button (optional).
  • Open User Preferences (ctrl+alt+U).
  • Go to the Add-Ons tab.
  • Click Install Add-on from File button, navigate to the file you downloaded and install it.
  • Restart Blender.