Pie Menu Editor 1.18.7

Dang, ok. I guess I can use other Pie/Method to snap verts to XYZ.

@roaoao
Any chance you could support injecting panel groups into the Blender 2.8 context menus?

I donā€™t think this is possible but to make sure what do you mean by context menus? Right mouse button menus?

1 Like

Yes, the ones that come with Blender by default now. Addons can add entries in there (looptools and meshmachine for instance), so I figure itā€™s just python!

Yes, you can extend existing menus with regular menus:

• Enable Interactive Panels
  • Open some existing menu
  • Click PME Menu Tools
  • Click Extend Menu
  • Edit new Regular Menu in PME to add new entries to the existing menu
4 Likes

Can PME able to emulate like Press / Hold of Snapping like Maya?
for example if i Press X it will Enable Grid Snap On and if i release X it will turn it Off

1 Like

Thatā€™s great, I tried to set it up from within the PME window and couldā€™t figure it out.

Now, Iā€™m having an issue with a few of my sticky keys. For example:
Iā€™ve got a Stack Key set to Z (press) that toggles overlays on and off, and opens a pie menu on ā€˜clickdragā€™. The problem is, if I press Z it toggles the Stack Key correctly, but when I then move my mouse afterwards (without clicking) it also opens the pie menu!
Iā€™d want to have it be one or the other, not bothā€¦

No, unfortunately.

2 Likes

Please export and pm me these Z menus.

2 Likes

It is possible to have different topbar menus in different tabs (Layout, Sculpting, Shading ectā€¦)

Yes, use 1 button in the topbar with this code (Custom tab):
Blender 2.8+:

draw_menu(C.workspace.name) or draw_menu("Default Topbar")

Blender 2.7:

draw_menu(C.screen.name) or draw_menu("Default Topbar")

And add new popup dialogs with tab names (Layout, Sculpting, Shadingā€¦) and Default Topbar popup dialog for other tabs.

2 Likes

What happened to the icons with the letters?

blender-2.81-4707f1982ddb-windows64

Hi roaoao.
Also, I came to listen because I was able to wonder various things in Pie Menu Editer :slight_smile:
There are three questions.

First, I tried to get Pie Menu Editor using right click, etc.
Iā€™m in trouble because I canā€™t get the properties of the part surrounded by the red line in the system menu.
The goal of this complete system is to place properties on the Popup Dialog.

compute_device_type

The second was to develop the first, and wanted to create a Popup Dialog that would appear when the Render Engine selected Cycles.
At present, when I make a menu that disappears, I only know to write a condition in PMItem.poll_cmd of the function of Pie Menu Editor.
Since this is the case, I have been worried before. Is there a way to switch between displaying and hiding ā€œonly one itemā€?

The third does not end with just placing the first property, but it is difficult to create a new property that also switches the property of C.scene.cycles.device in PROPERTIES Editor. Wow?
For example
-If the property of Cycles Render Devices is None, C.scene.cycles.device = ā€˜CPUā€™
-If the property of Cycles Render Devices is CUDA or OpenCL, C.scene.cycles.device = ā€˜GPUā€™
I would like to be able to create a new property using the Pie Menu Editer function.

Not sure. Maybe a bug in windows version of Blender 2.81

1 Like

Hi @anminmakura.
Use this code in Custom tab:

L.row(align=True).prop(C.preferences.addons['cycles'].preferences, "compute_device_type", expand=True)

Yes, you can use Custom tab for this. Eg:

L.row(align=True).prop(C.preferences.addons['cycles'].preferences, "compute_device_type", expand=True) if C.scene.render.engine == 'CYCLES' else None

Yes, you can create a new Enum Property in PME with these 3 items (item_id|item_label):

NONE|None
CUDA|Cuda
OPENCL|OpenCL

OnUpdate code:

C.preferences.addons['cycles'].preferences.compute_device_type = props(menu); C.scene.cycles.device = 'CPU' if props(menu) == 'NONE' else 'GPU'

menu - name of the current PME property
props(menu) - returns value of PME property by its name

Here is an example of this enum property. Download and import json file.

2 Likes

I have pie menu to toggle side area. Right - Properties and left - outliner.
In 3DView works perfectly but in tab with 3dview and shader editor i have this:
It is possible this pie menu works with all the tabs and keeps layouts of the tabs but only remove outliner/properties?

toggle_area.json (879 Bytes)

2 Likes

Wow, easy-to-understand explanation!
Thank you for help :slight_smile:
I was able to resolve a problem I didnā€™t understand this time.
Your support is always accurate and wonderful!

Please do! Something like a wiki would be even better, and I seem to remember that being possible in this forum software tooā€¦

Will add some easy way for this in the next version (a couple of days).

2 Likes

@roaoao

Iā€™m trying to set up my Tab pie, and having some issues with this code thatā€™s meant to allow me to jump straight into vertex/edge/face selection from either Object or Edit mode.
It worked in 2.79, but has issues in 2.8 (and 2.81):

bpy.ops.object.mode_set(mode='EDIT'); bpy.ops.wm.context_set_value(data_path="tool_settings.mesh_select_mode", value= "(True, False, False)")

The issue being that visually nothing happens until I move the viewport or click somewhere.

Iā€™m also using the same code in my GP Tab pie, and there it functions perfectly.
Any idea as to whatā€™s happening, and possible solutions?