Pie Menu Editor 1.18.7

Is there a way to do this in Pie Editor?
Move these functions anywhere in the UI as a direct individual buttons? The need to click the dropdown menu to change transform pivot point is driving me nuts.

1 Like

You can’t change how the pies work, but, you’re in luck because you can already do what you want!
Just set your pie to open on clickdrag, and you’ll still be able to use the hotkey in Blender, or a Stack Key in PME

1 Like

Not anywhere, but you can put them on the top bar. Just click the red ‘PME Menu Tools’ you see there and choose whether you want to add them at the beginning or the end. Then, you can add each option to a stack key, or put those in there

Bingo! I completely forgot about this option, thank you :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks I was able to do it! :smiley:

1 Like

I’m not able to add the shift+s snap and cursor commands to menu’s in pie editor. I tried adding from top menu, from operator list in pie editor. The resulting slot buttons are just grayed out. Is it possible?

The following commands work very well for me:

bpy.context.scene.tool_settings.transform_pivot_point = ‘BOUNDING_BOX_CENTER’
bpy.context.scene.tool_settings.transform_pivot_point = ‘CURSOR’
bpy.context.scene.tool_settings.transform_pivot_point = ‘INDIVIDUAL_ORIGINS’
bpy.context.scene.tool_settings.transform_pivot_point = ‘MEDIAN_POINT’
bpy.context.scene.tool_settings.transform_pivot_point = ‘ACTIVE_ELEMENT’

These ones :slightly_smiling_face: image

Edit This does not work as a button in the UI but it does work when placed on a pie or regular menu. Must be a bug.

Still can’t figure it out.
The button (snap to world) is grayed out and won’t do anything.

1 Like

when i want to create a pie menu , theres an error , is it not compatible with 2.9.3 ? menues work though , but i want those awesome pie menues with all the options and sliders n stuff

Is there a more beginner type video how to create a macro with pie editor?
I wanted to create a macro for symmetrize that would automatically execute a select all>symmetrize in one click button.
My head kind of spins with the current video showing this feature. :sweat_smile:

ok seems blender just needed a restart, but everything which has to do with panel groups isnt working in 2.9.3. neither interactive mode nor adding them to a menu , hiding is also broken

Same here. PME is not working in 2.9. Only ‘Debug Mode’ is shown. Hotkeys do not work. This is since the first 2.9 alpha release.
Dear Roaoao, could you please have a look. Its a great Plugin.

Is this the only place where you can contact the author? I bought the addon from Gumroad, but there isn’t any contact information on gumroad at all.

1 Like

2.92 works fine here. Windows 10.

Same here, only the menu that’s selected in the side list show in 3d view. It’s always a crapshoot! when installing PME if it will work. see image.

My PME install process:
DL latest PME from gumroad
Open Blender > Prefs > Addons
Click Install > Select PME.zip
Activate PME
In PME Goto Import > Replace If exists
In PME select Settins > Hotkeys >Click on Set hotkey > RMB
Then test
In the past year, I’ve done this 10 times and the RMB assignment has only worked 2 - 3 times. Most of the time I’ve had to fool,with Keymaps, and it ain’t pretty

Opened Blender this morning reloaded the same backup and PME work now. ??? I did that 5 time yesterday with no luck. Like I said I LOVE PME and couldn’t work with out it , but I always dread a reinstall

Thank you for your help Mick and kkostovas. You put me in the right direction finally.
I didn’t know (or forgot) that I have to assign a hotkey to the Pie Menue itself. Then it works fine even in the brand new 3 alpha. I tested only a simple Hotkey for now.

There is something wrong with the Main Pie Menue Hotkey ctrl+shift+'. It only offers ‘Debug Mode’ also in 2.92. It worked only once this day, like you said MickHanks.

Besides that I’m so happy that I got my menues back. Thank you for your Input.

1 Like

Creating a macro for the cursor to world center and adding that as a menu button this error comes out.

What does it mean?

The command for cursor to center is
bpy.ops.view3d.snap_cursor_to_center()

I hope this helps

I tried to use that before as a button for an extended menu but it doesn’t work the button is grayed out. Pie Menu Editor 1.18.2 - #3834 by poly2poly2
It only works if added to a pie or regular menu. Its strange.

Pie Menu Editor 1.18.2

What’s New:

• Fixed Panel Groups in Blender 2.93

How to Update:

• Backup your pie menus using Export button (optional).
  • Open Edit > Preferences.
  • Go to the Add-Ons tab.
  • Click Install... button, navigate to the file you downloaded and install it.
  • Restart Blender.
12 Likes