Pie Menu Editor 1.18.7

Hi, roaroao. I have a pie menu I saved and put on my SD card to transfer it to another computer. I had several copies of it and tried them all on my new computer and PME is saying it cannot read this Pie Menu, and I spent a LOT of time developing this pie menu and I don’t want to start over from the beginning, and I no longer have access to my old computer which means I need this current pie menu import to work ;(

Do you have an email I can send the Pie Menu .json file so you can take a look? I would post it here but I’m not yet sure what I want to do with it and so I’m not ready to share it.

By the way, thank you for literally the best addon for Blender (PERIOD).

I installed 1.18.2 into 2.92.0 and it seems to break the Pref > Keymap > sub key cascade open button. I uninstalled 1.18.2 and it worked. What is the correct version for 2.92.0? Gosh I dislike Gumroads listing of files. I puts the latest on the bottom.

What is the correct version for 2.92.0?

Capture

with a fresh install of 1.18.2 on 2.92.0 is this what I should see when Pressing `+ Shift + Ctrl

ha-ha, I said “But pie”

Hi @Phazor, you can send me a private message (click on my name - message) with the json file.

1 Like

Hi @MickHanks,

Yes, you should see that menu for pies and regular menus. I use a pie for editing popups because it closes when you select the button you want to edit. Popups stay open which is not what I want (there is a way to close them but this feature is not supported in Python API).

2 Likes

Thanks for your time, I should have asked this question. How do I get the “Preview” PIE menu example to work in the “3d View”? (pie color is just so you can see the example in the addon menu)

It’s a 50/50 chance when re-installing PME I will not be able to get my saved scripts too so as PIEs in any window but the Addons preview. What am I doing wrong, it’s an ongoing problem.

Sorry, I didn’t make myself clear.

Step 1) blender factory reset.
Step 2) When I RMB in any blender window I get the respective default menus.
Step 3) Unavtivate all preinstalled addons.
Step 4) Install PME 1.18.1 Blender 2.8.
step 5) Test RMB in all blender windows, Still works I get default the RMB menus.
Step 6) Activate PME.
Step 7) Test RMB in all blender windows, Still works I get the default RMB menus, and The PME default +ctrl+Shift shows a PIE great. Step 8) In the PME UI make RMB active in the PME Pie Menu example. Does not work, still get blender default menus. Step 9) test ""+ctrl+Shift It works I get a PIE menu in 3D view.
Step 10) Under PME Setting > Hotkeys > change to RMB.
Step 11) Broken now. In “ALL” the blender windows the default RMB menu is gone and replaced with (see pic 11).

Step 12) Reset hotkey to default “`”+ctrl+Shift will not work.
Step 13) Now only a PME remove will get back the default RMB menu.

So This is not how PME use to work. I could assign RMB and it would display whatever PIE I built to show under Object, Edit, Sculpt, Shader, and so on

How can I totally uninstall PME? I don’t see it in the Blender scripts folder.

Never mind, I was my fault. Something wrong with my .json. I went back a few backup and it works now, OMG it pays to version back up your .json. I’ve 85 backups and this is why I save a new one for every change I do to my setup. Thanks for your help.

Heya, Is there anyway to be able to alter a property in a pie menu (e.g. check box or slider) and have the pie stay open? preferably a way to set which ones confirm on release and which ones keep the pie open? thanks :smiley:

Hi there,

First, great work on this addon, soo useful.

I have got an issue in which a previously set shortcut does remain even after I have removed it.

I set Shift+Ctrl+Alt + LMB to call for a pie menu, but I realised it clashes with adding edge ring select in default blender, so I removed it, but now even when I do not have anything on the editor in PME(fresh install), pressing that shortcut does not do anymore blender’s default action, and even at the help line at the bottom you can see how it says it is mapped to the PME

See below pls.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5e3qp57ot678omm/blenderPMEerror01.jpg?dl=0

Thank you!

/A

That’s weird, been using PME for years and that’s never happened. You can restore blenders defaults if you haven’t made too many changes.

You would have to search for that shortcut in the blender Keymap editor & delete it. For some reason deleting in pme doesn’t delete in blender keymap.

thanks for the tips I will try those

I hope you don’t mind helping me out

• How to add Collection Manager/Outliner as “Popup dialog”?

Okay, I am not sure why the property of Material setting not showing up in the popup or regular menu. I’ve tried everything I can think of. It’s working but…

Materials → Setting → Surface → the current setting: Bump

That’s when I would change “Bump” to “Displacement Only” or the other. but it’s not showing up at all.

In “Popup Dialog” via Property, how do I change the icon where there are 2 different icons for disabled and enabled?

EDIT 2:
how do I apply to the popup dialog with a custom menu which is like “enum property”?

This is by far my used Blender addon. Thank you so much.
With pie menu’s I have many that link to regular menus that “pop up on mouse over.” This makes many of my pie menu’s difficult to see as anything that is set to “pop-up” is more transparent. Is there a way to change this?

Not sure but try, preferences > Themes > user interface > menu back > inner, then turn the alpha up higher.

Hey, panel(“DATA_PT_modifiers”, frame=False, header=False) is no longer showing the modifiers of an object? Is there a fix?

Hi,
I’ve made a stack key with this command "bpy.ops.wm.window_new() ; bpy.context.area.ui_type = ‘UV’ " to open a uv editor in a new window.
Is there a command to send this new window on my second monitor ?

I messed with almost all the theme setting and only the “pie menu” area had and effect but the transparency with the pop up within a pie menu remains transparent.

Can you post a screenshot of what you mean?