Pie Menu Editor 1.18.7

Hi, I can’t remember how we can give an offset to a popup menu (embedded into a pie) so it doesn’t overlap other popup ?

Maybe you can give a hint inside your website faq or better an option directly under the pie button property so we can find it better later ?

Hi, use draw_menu (name, frame=True, dx=0, dy=0) function in Custom tab.

Yes, I’ll add this to faq.

Thanks it works perfectly!

however it seems that once I set an offset to my popup it is marked as none in the hierarchy

Yep, tree view ignores menus used in Custom tab. I’ll probably add dx and dy options to Menu tab in the next version.

How can i make this?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=slseGsoToHU

I think there are a few ways to do this, but the general steps are:

1. Add a PME TOOLBAR
  2. Hide the 3D Toolshelf Defaults
  3. Add desired Toolshelf Panels

Here’s a similar example: https://bit.ly/2LqsjEA

The name of this toolbar is called “Toolbar Top”.
You can add more buttons to the toolbar there.
Be sure to add a toolbar above the 3d viewport using the following steps:

1. Split the 3D viewport window horizontally, 
2. Change the new window to a User Preferences window.
3. Minimize this new window's header.

The Blender icon button toggles the default toolshelf tabs.
The plug icon button hides 2 addons. ( Looptools & Oscurart Tools. )
The modifier wrench button has custom panels. ( Modifiers, Set Origin, and Snap. )

I hope this helps.
Good luck. ^^

4 Likes

@emboo2, great tools, thanks for sharing :+1:
Will add them to my toolbar.

@ Roaoa : You’re welcome. And thank you again for making this awesome add on and updating it so diligently. :+1:

If you’re interested, i also use an external script to open PME. Might be handy to have next to the Blender defaults button.

bpy.data.window_managers[“WinMan”].addon_search = “editor”
bpy.ops.wm.addon_expand(module=“pie_menu_editor”)
bpy.ops.pme.userpref_show(tab=“ADDONS”, addon=“pie_menu_editor”)

Capture2

And, as a side note to anyone who might be interested in bigger toolbars like maya and max for example, you can use an empty window with a popup dialog to get tons of button space. In the example image below there’s like 42. ( and the text is not hidden )

In this example I used the physics section of the properties window.

If you combine this with Mick Hanks’ collapsible window functionally, could be pretty useful.

1 Like

Nice idea @emboo2. One question, if the toolbar is closed and you press one of those toolbar top buttons, the toolbar will appear?? or you have to press “T” first?

Hi Leafar. If you’re referring to my 2nd example, the ‘big toolbar’, I haven’t actually created one past the example shown in the image. Nor have I had a chance to experiment with MickHanks’ collapsible window functionality yet, but with PME, I think it’s possible to set it up the way you described. Press T to uncollapse it, use the buttons, then press T to collapse it.

Thanks @emboo2, i try.

Nice idea Emboo!
regarding the big toolbar I don’t get it. I’m unable to have more than two lines of buttons, after that it shows the preferences window. Can you show more about how you get it ?

@ StroBlend: Roaoa posted a screencap with a much better solution after this reply. You can just use a toolbar, then click the PME Settings button, then go to Popup Dialog > then change the max height.

PME > Settings > Popup dialog > Max Height.

Excellent feature :+1:

@StroBlend, @emboo2, you can change max width and height of the toolbars in PME preferences (video).

1 Like

For those who are interested in this addon and enjoy using it, there is now a proposal to add this as an official feature to 2.8. It is worth upvoting :wink:

https://blender.community/c/rightclickselect/9Bbbbc/fluid-ui-workflows-customizable-and-user-oriented

2 Likes

How can I make this visible which button is active?

An Example:

You can use Enum Property to create a tab bar and StackKey to store commands for buttons (video):

On Update slot:

open_menu("Tab Bar Commands", props(menu))

Where open_menu() function calls a slot from the stack key (Tab Bar Commands) by its name (props(menu))

Thanks, it works almost. When i have more than one activatet only the last is visible. With activevated “Multi Select” in PME do not switch over tabs.

And i have a bug? When i expand a subordinated Menu or Dialog or what ever ii becomes this.

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2
.79\scripts\addons\pie_menu_editor\preferences.py", line 1756, in execute
    PME_UL_pm_tree.save_state()
  File "C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2
.79\scripts\addons\pie_menu_editor\preferences.py", line 1255, in save_state
    ensure_ascii=False))
  File "C:\Program Files\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.79\python\lib\encodings\cp
1252.py", line 19, in encode
    return codecs.charmap_encode(input,self.errors,encoding_table)[0]
UnicodeEncodeError: 'charmap' codec can't encode character '\u2192' in position
70: character maps to <undefined>

Only the last is visible? What do you mean? Last tab?

Can you show me some screenshot or video?

Thanks, please try to reproduce the bug with this fix (21.4 KB). Extract the file to scripts/addons/pie_menu_editor and restart Blender.