Pie Menu Editor 1.18.7

Yep, working on it.

Iā€™d like to have a generalized pop up that has brush stroke sliders like smooth stroke radius and factor, jitter, etc., no matter which brush is selected. How would i go about doing this?

right_click_sculpt.json (2.6 KB)

Hereā€™s a simple one I made a while ago. Maybe you can draw some inspiration from it.
It uses a lot of ā€œC.scene.tool_settingsā€ in order to get the parameters for the active brush.

1 Like

@iceythe, Great popup, thanks for sharing!
Btw, PME has context sensitive function for the active brush:

brush(use_ups=False)  # use_ups - Use Unified Paint Settings
brush().auto_smooth_factor
brush(ups().use_unified_size).size
brush(ups().use_unified_strength).strength
ups()  # returns bpy.context.tool_settings.unified_paint_settings
1 Like

Thanks guys, good to know. Also using the property tab helped. :laughing:

In sculpt mode with dyntopo, Iā€™d like to have a hotkey that will

• switch to constant detail mode
  • draw wire frame
  • bring up the detail sampler
  • then turn off wire frame after the detail sampler was used

How could I set something like this up? Iā€™m guessing modal, but I donā€™t know enough about them. Setting it up as a macro (without the last part turning the wireframe off) throws an error.

Yes, in this case you need to use Macro Operator. The problem is that Detail Sampler (and macros that uses the sampler) requires Constant Detail Mode. So you need to change Detail Type Mode before calling the macro.

Create a macro with 3 slots:

bpy.context.object.show_wire = True
bpy.ops.sculpt.sample_detail_size()
bpy.context.object.show_wire = False

Use the macro in Command tab:

bpy.context.scene.tool_settings.sculpt.detail_type_method = 'CONSTANT'; open_menu("My Macro Operator")

Or if you want to restore Detail Type Method:

s = bpy.context.scene.tool_settings.sculpt; m = s.detail_type_method; s.detail_type_method = 'CONSTANT'; open_menu("My Macro Operator"); s.detail_type_method = m

That does the trick! thanks.

Hi
This is reporting as needing update to 2.8 in blender 2.8 since they went alphaā€¦ do you have a patch to enable this?

Thanks

Looks like Python API has significant changes. Will try to upload the patch today.

Hello, sorry to disturb once again with my demands. Is possible to add a button for keyframing specific bones (even they are not selected) in LocRot or any keying set?

Hi, try something like this in Command tab:

bone_names = {"Bone", "Bone.001", "Bone.002"}; [setattr(bone, "select", bone.name in bone_names) for bone in C.object.data.bones]; bpy.ops.anim.keyframe_insert_menu(type='BUILTIN_KSI_LocRot')

Hi,

Iā€™d like to call an existing pie menu that has been defined outside Pie Menu Editor (comes with another addon) by clicking on a button.

According to the input tab the code to make it show is:
wm.call_menu_pie with the name of the pie menu given as object.hair_tool_menu

Is it possible to bind this command to a button in Pie Menu Editor so that my own pie menu gets replaced by the addon-specific one?

Thanks.

Yes, you can use that code in Command tab like this:

bpy.ops.wm.call_menu_pie(name="object.hair_tool_menu")
2 Likes

Watching the latest 2.8 videos and they again mention being able to have an addons associated with each workspace, meaning that one could have a certain set of addons loaded, depending on the context of the work being done.

Curious if there is a way to have an instance of PME per workspace. Meaning that different sets of menus and key mappings would be loaded, depending on the active Workspace.

p.s. loving your tool

Yes, Iā€™m going to implement this feature if it will be possible.

2 Likes

Iā€™m really gratefull, this kind of button can help in the armature management :slight_smile: . The only thing is when I tried to change in the line the ā€œLocRotā€ type by another like ā€œAvailableā€ it doesnā€™t works. What I missing?

You can find type names in tooltips (video). Eg:

• BUILTIN_KSI_LocRot
  • BUILTIN_KSI_LocScale
  • LocRotScale

Is it possible to make a pie to switch between different user preference tabs (interface, editing, input, add-ons, etc)?

Use this code in Command tab:

C.user_preferences.active_section = 'THEMES'

Tab ids: ā€˜INTERFACEā€™, ā€˜EDITINGā€™, ā€˜INPUTā€™, ā€˜ADDONSā€™, ā€˜THEMESā€™, ā€˜FILESā€™, ā€˜SYSTEMā€™