Pillows and Sheets (REVISED)

I learned more about lighting over the past week. I worked on the lighting and started compositing. I think the output came out well! Please post your feedback! Thanks. :slight_smile:

Attachments

Nice render! I would probably try tweaking the glass material on the object in the foreground. Other than that, everything looks pretty good.

Hello again.

Before saying anything, I think this is a good improvement to the last render you did. Looks much more clean and less disorienting. The lighting makes the picture more fresh and easy to look at.

Also, what’s the aim of this piece? Just to show pillows and a cloth on the floor? (Nothing wrong with that, haha)

Anyhow, some things I would like to note:

1. The blanket (or cloth) is floating above the ground
    1.5. The other part of the blanket looks like a perfectly flat board (like it’s made of plastic or similar).
  2. is the glass supposed to be upside down?
  3. Edges of the glass are too sharp. Lots of real world stuff does not have sharp edges.
  4. The meeting of the wall and the floor could have those “wall trims” that are especially common in houses. (Ex: Google: http://media.homemadesimple.com/en-US/homedecor/PublishingImages/Feature/chair-rail-wall-trim-tv-med.jpg )
  5. I do not like the DoF in this piece. It blurs out the pillows and makes the details harder to see. I think a minimal DoF could be a better approach or a focus on the “pillows and sheets” rather than the cup and the foreground.
  6. Good job with the color scheme. It’s nice and simple. The two tone of the wall fit well with the pillows and such.
  7. The glass cup has some interesting reflections. The black corner particular stands out. I’ve always been annoyed with rendering glass in blender starting out because of the harsh reflections of things outside the scene. Are you using an HDR? those can help with weird black things in reflections. Other than that, it could be the model of the cup itself (And once again, the cup is upside down? did it look weird when it was right-side up?)

That’s all I have to say about it now. I wonder where you’ll end up with this piece. :slight_smile:

edit: oh, why abandon the old thread? I know this isn’t “works in progress” forum but the piece is still essentially the same right? No big deal though.

Thanks! I think it is much better!
Yeah I noticed the blanket when it finished rendering and there was no way I was rendering again because It took forever. The glass still needs lots of improvement And this was the first time I ever tried DOF so I think I could work on it. :slight_smile: thanks for the advice!
Lol. I’m not sure why I didn’t post this on the old thread. Didn’t even think about that! :slight_smile:

I forgot to say that yeah the aim of the scene was to test my pillow models that I made and to work more with cloth. :slight_smile: just a little fun project. My next reject will be a bedroom for a penthouse apartment Scene I’m working on. :smiley:

Project* I made a typo :stuck_out_tongue:

Ok got it. How long did it take you to render? Using cpu rendering?

Also, for your information, there’s the “edit post” button instead of bumping your thread three times.

It took 49 minutes to render. 1000 samples. Yep. CPU rendering. :slight_smile:
Yeah I discovered that right after I posted the correction. :stuck_out_tongue:

Are you able to read how you’re coming across to people as you’re speaking to them? For example, you might say something and realize the other person isn’t responding in as friendly a manner as you hope,??? ??, or maybe you even catch a tiny bit of annoyance on their face. Then you can smile and say, “oh maybe that didn’t come out right” or “what I meant was.” and say it a different way. This isn’t an easy skill to develop, so don’t feel like a social failure if it doesn’t for you right away… Frankly, we kind of over Vanity Fair playing global fashion police, but when the magazine 2010 International BestDressed List was announced Tuesday,timberland ??, where did we find ourselves? You guessed it checking the list to see who made the cut. Try hard to keep up with the planet most fashionable and fashionforward folks. We really do. The laces are also woven into the actual body of the shoe and are visible weaving in and out along the top of the shoe. There are usually two rust proof eyelets that the laces go through in the front of the shoe,??? ??. It makes sense that they would be rust proof since these are boat shoes and the chance that they might get wet is always there,???… King recalled that his first sip of Tsingtao beer (Tsingtao is the English name of Qingdao) wasin a small pub in Leeds,puma ??, when he was 19. Traveling through nearly 30 nations during the lastdecade, he tasted Tsingtao beer almost everywhere, from North America to Europe, fromAustralia to Southeast Asia, and even Africa. “There is little difference in the beer in differentplaces,Isabel Marant Sale,” he said… Sallie Mae’s numerous contracts with the agency are already under threat due to other issues with its servicing of federal student loans. For example, last week the Education Department announced that, as a result of its annual study on student loan servicing, Sallie Mae next year would be allotted the fewest new federal loans of the agency’s four major servicers. The low allotment reflects the company’s lastplace score… And have a situation 25% of the global emissions is from European Union and United States together,Louboutin Outlet. So the vote say sold it pointing at a quarter,prada ???. They need to take in the 75 outside the European Union and United States that is a problem if you want to deal with this. You can sit comfortably,??? ???, or lie down if that seems preferable. Close your eyes, or leave them slightly open. This practice is done through the silent repetition of certain phrases. Going without your phone is never easy and when your iPhone serves a major function in your professional life, many individuals simply cannot fathom a world in which their main source of communication is taken from them. However, this event happens fairly often and dealing with a broken device does not need to be the end of your productivity. For these people,prada ??, the tools and knowledge to overcome these issues are readily available. ???: even though she had a lot of style. In a weird way your breasts produce colostrum b’school accrediting agency drain it carefully. When this is done including children