Pills....

Anyone have any tips on making this look better ?

![ see the image few posts down … I took this away … I’m working on the second one…]( see the image few posts down … I took this away … I’m working on the second one…)

md01

Yes, work on the lighting. It seems like the scene is lighted by very small light sources making it look too dark. The pills will get more interesting if a part of them is transparent showing the contents :smiley:

The inscription font looks good.

Actually thoro … the scene has quite complex lighting… with seperate lights for different aspects like highlights… shadows and colour…Actually all I need to do to make the scene lighter is put one main light a little higher…

transparency! nice though!

Here’s another version … with transp and some other colours…

http://img78.photobucket.com/albums/v281/masterdwarf01/md01_500mg_white.jpg

md01

i like the second one better… it’ more photorealistic to me.
great render

really good !!!

make one open with the medicine puring out.

you could use textured lights, to fake shadows from other objects, and an environment.
you could use an environment texture in the world settings, and have a slight amount of reflection on the pills.
you could make a spec map for the pills, and maybe a hardness map. use the spec to modulate the specular and hardness due to smudges caused by the hand-grease of those who handled the pills.
a texture on the floor would be nice.

ou could use textured lights, to fake shadows from other objects, and an environment.

That I might try … sounds good…

you could use an environment texture in the world settings, and have a slight amount of reflection on the pills.
you could make a spec map for the pills, and maybe a hardness map. use the spec to modulate the specular and hardness due to smudges caused by the hand-grease of those who handled the pills

To get that right takes a lot of time :slight_smile: :slight_smile: And I always try to avoid getting the picture ‘dirty’… but the grease is a good idea… thnx.

I’m gonna do some more things and put them up … Also one wich is open with some powder running out (if I succeed in doing in ofcourse… :slight_smile: )

md01

I quite like them. Make one that looks full!

Are you going to make one a red pill? :wink:

Great work overall. Nice and clean render :slight_smile:

is this for Dr. Mario (its a computer game)? than you should make them red/Yellow and Red/Blue and Blue/Red

But i like them how they are. i think its a nice idea to make one open with medicine pouring out

Dr mario ??? who the heck is that??? :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

No… I don’t know dr mario … I just made some pills… :smiley:

md01

are you kidding me or something?

you know nintendo? (if you don’t never mind the Dr. Mario thing)
once upon a time nintendo had a console named the NES (Famicom in Japan). on that console they made a game called Dr. Mario in wich you played (Dr.) Mario who had to destroy virusses with pills. 3 different colors of pills and the virusses were the same color. if you dropped 3 or more pills of the same color on the same color virus you destroyed them. and you did that untill the screen was empty of virusses

you get it? maybe if you look on the internet. nintendo is going to bring it out again on the GBA.

haha… ofcourse I know nintento … I just always steared clear from mario … super mario … and I think mario brothers ?
They always looked to me like something to avoid! :slight_smile:

Are the pills I made very similar or something ?

md01

great pills they look like a photo. But They’re empty… you should fix that. And I like @ndy’s suggestion of having one open so you can see the “micro-pellets” spilling out.

• emk

wll i like Mario. you shouldn’t avoid him (as long as you like platform/adventure games)

check http://www.nintendo.co.jp/n01/n64/software/nus_p_nalj/smash/flash/0222/ending_all/dr_mario_360.jpg for a pill of him. else search with google or something to dr mario and you see the pills.

it was just the first thing that came up in my mind when i saw them

Hey, I like that suggestion too but I’d like it better if there weren’t micro-pellets but something liquid inside them! :slight_smile: