Pink Apartment

Here is the finished piece. It was loosely inspired on the Muralla Roja apartments in Calpe (Spain) but I used a round arch instead of the prominent straight arches and shapes that make La Muralla resemble a rampart, hence the name.

I added cross sections of the brick wall and the floor based on real examples, I wasn’t focusing on realism but rather making the scene more interesting and providing a contrast to the overall cute and feminine look of the image.

This is the clay render, I used volumetrics to achieve subtle sun rays blasting through the open arch since I wanted to achieve a warm and relaxed atmosphere.

Wireframe shot, I tired to use modifiers and booleans as much as possible as a good practice: the floor is originally just one plane with a cloud displacement texture for tilt in between two array modifiers, and the arch is just a plane with bevel and solidify that cuts the wall with a boolean.

I hope you like it! I might try and upload it to sketchfab once I bake and optimize everything.

9 Likes

I love this little scene. Let me know if you need any help uploading to Sketchfab :slight_smile:

1 Like

I featured you on BlenderNation, have a great weekend :slight_smile:

1 Like