Pink Shadows - Noob Question

Hey so im trying to workout how to export models to a spritesheet to replicate a video game from 1997 ( i know right, nothing better to do with my time ), this is for an open source remake of the game engine.

Anyway, someone left a blender file in the community a few years back with the correct camera angles so i started building into their file, after much trial and error last night, i now have it exporting close to correct sprites angles and pixel count.

What i can’t work out is why i get Pink shadows when its renders. I have read that PINK normally specifies a missing material, so maybe its that but it seems to be stronger in the shadow areas. I cant see anyway to attach a Blendfile here so i upload it on my game website in case someone want to have a look and tell my what i have done wrong. It will be here in about 5 mins : http://openxcommods.weebly.com/first-steps.html

Hmm, it’s hard to tell since the textures aren’t packed, so everything is pink.

but my guess would be that you are missing the HDRI, can you confirm that you have this file on your end?

1 Like

Ok don’t even know what a HDRI was until now, if its not in the file i sent, then it wasn’t “packed” into my copy either. Sounds like that what im after, so i assume i just download some other HDMIs and replace and my problems will go away, Thanks

Check out polyhaven.com for a large database of free, CC0, high quality HDRI backgrounds.