Pirate chest

My try to bake normal maps from highpoly sculpture and combine it with handpainted textures) PBR at Sketchfab
Based on https://www.artstation.com/sephirothart

48 Likes

this is really amazing !!!
nice work :slight_smile:

1 Like

Well, probably the lock weights more than the chest! :grinning:

3 Likes

Well done, congrats :+1:

1 Like

I featured you on BlenderNation, enjoy :slight_smile:

1 Like

You’re #featured! :+1:

1 Like

I find hand-paintined textures more stylish and artistic and this one is one of them :slight_smile: great job :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Love it! Great job!

1 Like

Yes, I like art that is 3D but that looks like hand-painted art. Especially of fantastic subjects.

1 Like

Very nice work!

1 Like

Nice work!, but uhm… a small hammer would open it :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Ha-ha) Yes… but what if it is enhanced with Magic… :sparkles: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

This is a nice highpoly sculpture you made keep it up.

1 Like

Very painterly yet realistic. I like it.

1 Like

Beautiful work. The combination you made between 2d and 3d is incredibly seemless. Well done!

1 Like

love it! care to share your progress ? did you paint in Blender or used photoshop/Substance ?

2 Likes

All in blender)
Progress is somethere in twitter

1 Like

I am curious @Black_Helix how was your scene lit?

The reason I am asking is because I am confused about hand painting models.

The question I have is, do you paint in the highlights and shadows? If so, how do you light the scene? If the light or object move, the highlights and shadows should move to, but if they are hand painted in they are stuck and won’t looks correct if the object or light moves.

I am curious about your process because I really love your style. I think you did an amazing job.

1 Like

Hi !
I am glad you are interested in my work, thank you :slight_smile:

You can use sketchfab viewer to see my textures:
https://sketchfab.com/models/6ad1d767f1d74edf93d59bdb2d69722e
Open it and press “2” button to see diffuse texture. Press it few more times to switch for normal map mode, also you can use “Alt+M1” combination to see the light movement

If you will got more questions, you are welcome to ask anytime )

2 Likes

very impressive indeed! do you have experience with Substance Painter ? Im very interested in finding a better workflow for Stylized PBR assets and im currently using SPainter but I find the lack of “brush control” to be difficult. Now I use Photoshop to get the base color/Albedo and use SP for details but im wondering if Blender is a valid alternative. Do you mind giving your opinion on this ? cheers.

1 Like