Pirate Ship (Space Craft)

Fixed those streched textures on the side of the ship. Also got rid of that gay looking flat ugly turret on top.

Attachments

Its getting better all the time, keep going!

Is the spaceship for gaming or other types of realtime graphics? right now it looks low-poly enough for this. Simple bump-mapping (white is high, black is low) is not possable within real-time graphics yet - you’ll need proper normal mapping (see http://feeblemind.tuxfamily.org/dotclear/index.php/2005/08/23/43-tutorial-blender-and-normal-maps ). This is still quite high-end and requires a fairly recent graphics card. I don’t think it’s possable within blender’s game engine.

Secondly, though I like your ship, it is very grey.

What ever the use I would think that the greebling needs some variation of scale across the surface and don’t forget that Contrast is your friend. Contrast doesn’t just mean Black and White but large/small, smooth/rough etc. Look at areas you want to emphasise and introduce some contrast in your design for visual interest and stimulation. Looking at that map at the moment you would think taht all the bits do the same thing (maybe they do, maybe they are all armour devices, but perhaps not).

Also the map needs more grunge or colour variation to stop it looking like a tileable map (wall paper) maybe just a simple cloud texture (largish) blended subtley over the top for wide variation of surface colour or maybe reflect map? Thinking out loud here, but good work, big improvements so far.

Ok here is an update.

yogyog: This space ship is just something I want to make. I might make a movie when I am done but that is when I am done.

David: Thanks for the tips.

I am having a little bit of trouble deciding where to add some guns and other little things around the ship. This is supposed to be a medium size attack ship. So if you got any ideas holler.

SirMikey

Attachments

Ok another quick update. I have added gun turrets and a little viewing area.

Attachments

How big is the ship? There seems to be an argument between the parts.

The structure, edge angles, engine size, etc gives me the impression that its, oh, bus-sized, up to maybe twice that. For comparsion, some similarities to a Space1999 Eagle, noting the central “spine”.

Beyond what David said, the greebling (is it via bump texture?) however, seems to be saying its many times that in size. Unless the surface is composed of tiles like the Space Shuttle, but… they are different heights for some reason.

You are right. I see how the “extras” are contracting sizes. I want it to be a meduim class frigate/destroyer whatever. I think that torpedo tube needs to be fixed and I need to add some scaling greeble to the ship.

The greeble is just a hull texture I found on the internet and then added Nor to it.

Update coming soon.

I haven’t been on for a week or so but I am now so here is that update. The ship is now better to scale.
I am going to added some panels today and update again…soon.

SirMikey

Attachments

Here is a update.

Attachments