Pixar lamp, rigged and ready

Hi everybody! Yesterday I needed to make a lamp to have on a table for my upcomming short-movie “desk-friends” (WIP link)

So I desided to make the pixar lamp since I thought it would be kinda fun to have it in the movie, not to move but just to be a normal lamp.

But when I had finished it I thought it would be a real shame to not rig it and give it a life, so here it is! The rig is maybe a bit buggy but it works for me. You’ll probably want to change the rig since it isn’t really good to use for an animation. But if you do improve the rig, please share it. (there’s also a unrigged lamp on layer 3)

Enjoy : )

Click to download .blend

Attachments

1 Like

Many Thanks John, that’s an awesome model!

The model looks great! I am a fan of the Pixar lamp myself and am impressed of how Pixar could express its emotions by animation, without facial expressions and speech.

Just wonder if you feel compelled to produce simple animation of it… I foresee the sparks it could produce by combining your other finished scenes.

Hi zhone!

Well, I too really like the pixar animation of this lamp and would be really glad to do an animation of it. The rig is a little buggy and some of the parts doesn’t really follow everything but if you overlook that it wouldn’t be impossible to make a short animation of it.

If I do make an animation it will probably not be the classical one with the PIXAR logo so I have to figure out a story for the lamp first.

I’ll see what I can do : )