PIXIE RENDERING

Hi all.I got the recent blender 2.4 and python 2.4 inasalled on my window.I installed pixie and run the blender2pixie py, and error say " python script error check console.Is there anybody who can explain me how to render with pixie step by step please.

and error say " python script error check console

When you see this message, you really should check the console. Then tell us what it says. The info there is quite useful for solving the problem.

(/me bets on an import error)

[whisper]index out of range[/whisper]

%<

The console say:

------- script start

/DG/Projects/Pixie/default/SurfaceShaders/
shaders dir: %PIXIEHOME%\shaders
shader : as no lab
shader : r is 7C00-F
shader :
shader : uments and Setting\Christian\Desktop\blender-2.40-alpha2-wind
shader :
Traceback (most recent call last) :
File “<string>”, line 1639, in ?
File “<string>”, line 1631, in saveShaderName
IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: ’ /DG/Project/Pixie/default//Surfac
eShaders/ShaderName’

Thank you for replying.[/img]

Ha ha… we were both wrong.

’ /DG/Project/Pixie/default//SurfaceShaders/ShaderName

You need to make sure that that folder exists and that this is indeed the path to it, and you need to fill in the name of the shader where it says ‘ShaderName’. If there isn’t a datafield in a GUI then go to the lines mentioned in the error message and type in the correct path and shader there.

%<

Thank fligt.But you know ,I am a zero in understanding how to setting the path

[quote]
You need to make sure that that folder exists and that this is indeed the path to it, and you need to fill in the name of the shader where it says ‘ShaderName’

Where to put this folder?Is it in the -C:\Pixie\Shader\Shadername…?
Can you if possible give me in order how the path should be ( step by step ).How to compile blender2pixie zip. Where should i put the file *.sl found in the zip.

You probably want to send Garbager a private message:

https://blenderartists.org/forum/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&u=97

I’ve never used the script so I can’t help.

%<

Ok.But instead of using pixie, is there another renderer which can render more quickly than the internal blender render and yafray,and which has global illumination, photon caustic , particle static rendering and which is easy to install and learn and which can run with blender 2.4 and python 2.4?

http://www.aqsis.com/

%<

Hello,

First, congratulation for the Pixie exporter. I search peopole interrested in the dev of the evolution of this script. Anybody?

Dienben