Pixologic ➔ Maxon ZBrush

Indeed.

I’ll come back with some questions soon. :grinning:

3 Likes

I thinking of getting zBrush despite Maxon :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

But a subscription is no option for me. Will there be zBrush 2023 as a perpetual version? Or do I have to get 2022 and stay with this version forever?

(I guess you are zBrush employee, right?)

finally joining zbrush’s trenches? :wink:

4 Likes

No. I’m just a long term user and lover of Zbrush. :grinning:

I really don’t know what way Maxon deal with licencing, but the perpetual is still available to buy and I assume they will charge for yearly upgrades/maintenance. The licencing from 2022-2023 is still a bit confusing.

1 Like

Well, I need to take a closer look at what ZBrush has to offer. :grin:

4 Likes

Very wise… :sunglasses:

4 Likes

To start, I’d advise you to check out some videos of the Pixologic YouTube channel.

3 Likes

I’ll have to add Pav here too for @Harti . He knows Zbrush about as well as is possible.
https://www.youtube.com/@MichaelPavlovich/playlists

2 Likes

Definitely. :+1: Most of Pav’s videos can be found in the Pixologic channel as well.

2 Likes

Oh right, didn’t know all his ‘What’s new in version xx’ playlists were on there. :+1:

2 Likes

Nice, thanks! Looking forward to see more of the Redshift stuff, and of course the mask fill. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I guess they will praise for one hour the benefits of a subscription :smiling_imp:

1 Like

Haha, yeah, and they will probably do an Apple act à la “Look how ah-maa-zing it is to be able to sculpt and realistically render in the same tool!” Blenderheads be like: :yawning_face::yawning_face::yawning_face:

4 Likes

Meanwhile in Blender… switching between modes while sculpting in a standard scene on a very powerful computer… :laughing:

7 Likes

I don’t understand that hype for Blender because Zburug went to another company?
pretty Blender is so laggy and unresponsive with high amount of polygons unlike Zbrush.

also I dont mind subscriptions if it was cheap like “Clip studio paint” better than spend it on Steam or Netflix.

also photoshop offer subscription models and still most paid apps, so as long you offer good future people will pay for you.

Edit : yeah I love peaple flage my post even it doesn’t break the rule.
just remember when people say Photoshop cc will going to die and be replaced with “gimb” but never this happened.

1 Like

659$ for an upgrade, lmfao

Plz maxon

3 Likes

Its important to eat regularly.

1 Like

It’s an absolute disgrace. Upgrade is almost the same cost as the program, and an extra almost $50 per month to use Redshift GPU. Absolutely disgraceful.

9 Likes

it’s back to high seas for me when there will be a pressing need to update (and there will be, the files aren’t gonna be backwards compatible I would think), not paying maxon a dime after having paid for Zbrush license 3 years ago to Pixologic.

5 Likes