Plane

I have run into another problem. I am going to be putting missiles inside the plain. The problem is, is that when i put them inside, i am able to see them through the air intake. I was trying to make it some what similar to this. http://www.filebuzz.com/software_screenshot/full/25808-3d_kit_builder__f22_raptor_.gif

How far will you be able to see through the air intake? On the picture their is a missile that looks like it could be visible right through it.

This might be difficult to understand and if you don’t understand it, i will put some pictures and things.

Edit: Now that i look at my plane, i noticed that using smooth and also the smooth modifier kind of takes away a realistic effect from the image. I am not advanced enough to get a realistic look but i am trying to get somewhat of one. But does anyone notice that too?

the model took me about 6 hours (not constantly working on it though)

Those are weapons-bays. They are not part of the air-intake.
Jet engines are not rockets. They work the same way as a propeller, but making it very simple, inside a cylinder. They need to get the air in the front to push it through the back…

That what you see is just an illustrations. The weapons bays are enclosed in the fuselage, so the drawing have them transparent so you can see the inside.

About the smooth question.
As I said before… First learn how to use smooth, only than use it on something. If you don’t know the basics, you won’t achieve anything.

Don’t hijack the other guy’s thread.

Thanks for the info falk. I kind of see what you mean but i am a little confused. The air intake on the f 22 raptor is pretty much parallel with the exhaust thing. What i am still confused about is, is that space just an empty space of nothing leading to the exhaust or what? The missile on the side on the air intake looks like they are interfering with each other. If someone could explain to me how that works it would be great. Thankyou.

Yes, the air intakes are hollow!
They feed the engine with air! Just as a commercial airplane has a lots of blades that spin in the front of their turbines, so do the fighters.
But their engines are inside the fuselage, not outside, to they need to get air somehow. How? with the air intakes.

They have nothing to do with the weapons bays. The weapons stay between the inner wall of the duct from the intake in the outer hull of the plane.

Okay, i got my missiles and bombs and stuff inside the plane. My next problem is that I want the bombs/missiles to not be exposed on the outside. I want in the middle of the animation that this little sliding door or whatever will slide and then the missile/bomb will come out. I tried to do this but i failed. I separated that portion and then now i am able to move it and slide it individually or whatever. Unfortunately the physical appearance sticks out like a sore thumb. The texture still remains from the original mesh(the plane). I cant match the textures and using a basic body color still does not work.

Does anyone know what i can do to fix this?

I’m not quite sure what you mean… a render would help explain it. BTW a useful shortcut: Ctrl-Alt-0 (zero) aligns the active camera to the current view. Just find a good angle in perspective mode and you’re set.

It is easily noticeable.

Attachments

Forget the last post, i made a new thread on it.
I have a new question. My mesh is too big because it is taking up the entire space and i need to make the rest of the scene. Unfortunately when i size the plane down it disrupts the texture. Is there a way to size it but keep the size of my texture?

How are the textures applied? If they’re procedural, you might have to simply alter the size in the texture panel. If they’re UV mapped (the best way for realism) then you shouldn’t have that problem.

I copied exactly your Russian airplane. No i did not UV texture it. It seemed to fit on pretty well without UV texturing it. I guess i will just have to size everything down and do the texture again :(.

Hmm… I am not sure why but it still is not making the texture show good. I will have to do some more tests.

I fixed it a little. The size of the cloud texture was too big to make an impact. I tried to make it a little better but i dont think it is as good as the plane with the original size.

Attachments

Dude the guy asked me how long it toulk me

Check out the first page

“That is a nice plane zix. How long did it take you?”

Oh and Jsalit try to make the front rounder

What do you mean by the front? The tip?

OK, sorry:P My mistake

Jsalik ,i like your hardworking =) .make the front tip a little bit rounded and the back side wings needs some tweaks and thier front tips need to be thinner .make that cockpit hole a little more round .just try to follow the blue prints very carefully and let the materials ,lightning and texturing be done after all the modelling is complete.
if you want realistic result then quad screened interface is advised.

Edit :- Sorry for my dumb english XD.

The nose cone
and make the cockpit opening rounder. less square

Thanks guys, i will try and fix it as best as possible.