Plant girl (Strawberry sketchbooks)

Monster wondererv.2 its a little slow and boring right now but the upgrade is it face were its wondering now.

I would like to say thank you to @BluePrintRandom @blenderaptor, @Cotaks @RPaladin @musikai, and other nice coders. you have all be so kind and helpful to answer and help me it has improved my programming skills greatly and for that I am deeply grateful.

3 Likes

I generally donā€™t much care for fighting monsters, so I canā€™t help with that directly. For survival games I like the ones best that emulate the real world, where the dangers are natural. I love playing The Long Dark, for example. Natural enemies would still be worth programming, I think, because thereā€™s a lot of references in the form of still photos and videos ā€“ wolves, bears, snakes, crocodiles, tigers, sharks. And of course there are a lot of predators that present no danger to humans, but are fatal to their particular prey. You could base your monsters on some of those.

1 Like

Like an small ecosystem? That might be fun and educational to try. thank you.

1 Like

I created a simple 2D game to practice level design, scene switching , program a in game asset mangement system for pooling objects, and use some of the simple AI systems I learned to make.

3 Likes

Whatā€™s a dragon without fire ā€¦a dinosaur, so I tried the fire vfx on drake

child. it needs more tweaks to the code for improved look and for it to function while in game, but I probably should take a bit off programming to work on my art I canā€™t seem to do both at the same time and I want to learn how to make concept art for my game till then(perhaps I will learn to plan my 3D Art projects better)

Me learning to check values.

If you would like to see my concept art study please tell me and I will post some here.

3 Likes

I have begun to proceed in my animation journey.

Hopefully I will get better

Thanks for the help and recommendations. @joseph @Kaylee_J @Karl_Shady @const @sozap

https://blenderartists.org/t/learning-animation-for-your-indie-games/1450906/10

5 Likes

Cool ! Itā€™s really a good start and on the overall there is a bunch of progress in 3D as well !
Itā€™s great to see !

Why do you decided to make the game with blender ? why not look into Unreal, Unity or Godot ?
While some people really do interesting stuff with UPBGE I get the feeling that a dedicated engine is still better. But I donā€™t know enough to be able to judge !

And on the animation side, itā€™s super cool , you can even study with things much simpler, I donā€™t know much but from my understanding simple exercises like a bouncing ball or a bouncing ball with a tail can help understand fundamentals at a basic level, and say when someone is walking you find the same bouncing and tails principles but on different parts at once.
Then it gets much difficult to analyse and progress since you have much more going on at the same time.

The last anim is great , and it works already very well. But since there are a lot of things itā€™s hard to use that to study little details that will make it even better. Like adding little delays, overshoots, emphasis the weight. But donā€™t get me wrong the pose and the style is great, and the overall motion is already working in fact !

Just my two cents , as with game itā€™s not really my area so Iā€™m not sure if itā€™s good advice or not in the end :smiley:
Keep up the good work !

2 Likes

One day I decided to make a game and wanted it to be 3D. So I opened a Hard drive and found Blender 2.76 on it. Uninformed that 3D program does not equal Game engine I turned it on. Got disgusted at how bad I was and turned it off. A few months laterā€¦ Turned it back on and was determined to learn and modeled and rigged thisā€¦I know its bad.

I about four models later and about two or three months

Now I had a character time to animate.

Happier with my progress I continued. Learning how to program movement and building from there. I learned about the other engines you suggested, but wanted to stick to this one since everything is in one place I can model, animate, program, rig and playtest. allowing me to spend more time learning and practicing and less switch programs. There is other thigs with unity and unreal but I wonā€™t talk about that now. Godot looks like itā€™s growing nicely and might be my next engine of choice.

3 Likes

Cool ok ! That makes sense !
I canā€™t see the videos you posted, they work for you ? But I get the idea !
Thatā€™s quite interesting ! Keep up the good work !

1 Like

Videos need to be mp4 to work in Discourse. Well, other formats might work, but when I post video from Blender I render it as file format FFmpeg, encoding container MPEG-4, video codec H.264 and that always works when uploaded here.

2 Likes

Hmm donā€™t know what happened it was an mp4 file? I had to try a different converter.

3 Likes

Itā€™s been a long time but Iā€™m back

6 Likes

Welcome back!

2 Likes

Thank you!

1 Like

Sculpting practice sessions I did today in chronological order (The post above is from yesterday)

(There was a model here between the heads and body but, I deleted this one in disgust, I kinda wish I had kept it to compare with the latest one)

1 Like

Finished the face and now Iā€™m going to try and do some retopology

2 Likes

A little animation practice
(Rig by @Kani_Natto_ | Model by Brian Bedford )

0001-0024

3 Likes

donā€™t forget thereā€™s all those Mixamo animations.

1 Like