Plato portrait

This is one i was fooling around with. I was trying to make it look like an old painting, the kind with strong lighting and shadows. comments welcome.

digiman

Attachments

NICE! Great human, but if you want it to look like a painting,here’s my 2 cents. The hair is too stringy, no artist in there right mind would draw it such. Make the background matte, like a beige with pores. Lastly, he should face completely sideways , without that hint of eyebrow I see over there. If you were going for the more realistic look, you succeeded, but as a painting, you still need to work at it a bit more. Well,keep on blending, cheers!

I agree with the above, save that I don’t think it should be a complete profile. A 3/4 view would probably serve it better. As for the hair, you could consider thickening the strands to get the idea of hair across, but you may have to do some sculpting of the hair’s general shape.

I want it to look realistic but with stronger lighting like a Caravaggio painting I showed a little off profile I think it is more interesting than just a profile. As far as the stringy hair i would maybe agree with the beard part, the hair on the head i like. I tried adding a scraggly beard by adding textures to the hair but that did not work so i fooled with the combing tool and added another emmiter so it looks a bit better but i don’t think i can do any more with this

digiman

Attachments