Please Help, Before I go completely INSANE!!!!

All I am trying to do is make a vehicle, that the tires rotate, and turn left and right. I can get them to rotate, I can get them to turn left and right. But when I put both together, the rotation goes of and the wheel goes whacko! What am I doing wrong, can this not be done with logic bricks alone? Do I need Python? Please Help Someone… If someone knows how to do this, could you explain it to me briefly…

NDNChief, another headache, courtesy of BLENDER!!!

well,i did some rotations on the tires of a car on my ghost hunter game.the animations are all good except on one tire…i got the same problem as you,but i didn’t wanted the tires to turn left or right,just to spin.the animation of one of the tires was screwed,don’t know why.then i tried deleting the animation and doing it again,but it was of no use…the same problem ocurred.i hope you can find a solution. :smiley:

Thanks for giving it a try, i appreciate it, I think I am getting close to solving it, Keeping my fingers crossed

NDNChief…

Try using dRot. Like maybe around the local x axis for spinning. Then use an animation for the turning left and right.

Yeah, 360 degree animations such as tires spinning get messed up use drot instead.

Yes, using Drot is definatly better to use for tire rotation. Just make sure to have local transformation on( little L button to the left).

Also, if you want to make the wheels turn for stearing, add the steering animation to a pair of empties and parent the wheels (with the drot motion actuators) to the empties.