Please help to decide Dell Desktop

Currently I have a Surface Pro, but Cycles ( Required for ManuelBastioni ) is taking too much time. So planning to get a refurbished Dell Desktop. I want to use it primarily for Rendering characters created using ManuelBastioni Plugin.
Please help with Pro and cons.

1 ) AMD
Inspiron 5675 -AMD Ryzen™ 5 1400 Processor (4C/8T, 10MB Cache, 3.4 GHz Precision Boost)
8GB (1X8GB) 2400Mhz DDR4
128GB M.2 Solid State Drive (Boot) + 1TB 7200RPM Hard Drive
Windows 10 Home (64bit) English
802.11ac + Bluetooth 4.1, Dual Band 2.4&5 GHz, 2x2
AMD Radeon RX 570 with 4GB GDDR5 Graphics Memory

1. Intel/Nvidia
    Inspiron 5680 -Intel Core i5 8400 (6-Core/6-Thread, 9MB Cache, up to 4GHz with Intel Turbo Boost Technology)
    8GB (1X8GB) 2400Mhz DDR4 Memory
    1TB 3.5inch Serial ATA (7,200 Rpm) Hard Drive
    Windows 10 Home (64bit) English -
    Dell Wireless 1810 Card (802.11AC Dual-Band Wi-Fi + Bluetooth 4.0) -
    NVIDIA GTX 1060 3GB

you dont need cycles for the lab. just use the packaged textures and make your own material.

you could even edit the materials in the library blend to have them there by default.

anyway, i advise against refurbished tech.

but the intel/nvidia would be my pick.

Thanks so much. This would save me AUD $1000 :slight_smile:
Any you tube tutorial, how I can do this ?

i will post a shader that i use tomorrow. its original creator gave me full rights to distribute.

any tutorial covering the blender internal engine should do.

id really encourage you to dig into blenders datablock structure. that will help you know why things are what they are, and how to predict outcomes.

scene->object->mesh->material->texture->image

Pros & cons:

Amd system:
pros > more GPU memory(only 1 GB though) and a slightly more powerful GPU.
cons - 4 cores is less than 6 and per-core clocks are lower.
(better integer IPC though[8 threads] which doesn’t really matter much for blender)
bonus pro > SSD for system boot drive.

Intel system:
pros > more cores, greater per-core clocks, better floating-point IPC.
cons - less threads(though more cores! cores trump threads) also less gpu memory and slightly slower GPU.

I dunno, a few months ago I bought a refurbished HP Z820 workstation. 2x Xeon 2690v2, 128 GB DDR3 ECC, 1100 watt power supply, Win10 Pro, SSD boot drive. $2000 total. I use it for rendering along with two 1080ti cards. It’s a beast and there is NOTHING out there for $2000 that could touch it.
Also it’s extremely quiet and VERY easy to open up and maintain the system with practically no tools.
Refurbs are sometimes incredible deals.