Plz help me to choose graphic card for my computer to run Blender 2.81 or higher

Hi there! I’m a sculptor, and I’d like to start 3D sculpting. The issue is: it looks like my computer needs a new graphic card.
What I have:
Processor: i7-3770 CPU 3.4 GHz
Motherboard: Asus P8Z68-V PRO/GEN3
16 GB RAM
I always used graphic card on my processor, did mostly photo retouching and such tasks, and it was enough.

I won’t be doing any massive rendering, no animation as well. I’ll be mostly modelling/sculpting using brushes, with aim of 3D printing my models. These will be a detailed models of people and animals, with lots of polygons.

Currently I’m able to run Blender 2.80, but after about 10 mins of sculpting the object becomes all dark, so I have to save my work, exit Blender and start all over again. Blender 2.81 issues a warning that my graphic card isn’t supported, it allows me to sculpt something but crashes on save.

The budget is tight, maybe about $200-250, but all suggestions are welcome.
Thanks a lot in advance!

Hi.
You try to get an nvidia card with at least 4GB of vRAM, for example starting from GTX 1050 Ti 4GB. If you have more budget, you get something better than GTX 1050 Ti 4GB.

Additionally you would need to double the amount of RAM to 32GB.

1 Like

Thank you so much, dear, purchased Colorful IGAME GTX 1050 TI 4GB. This particular card costed a bit more than I wanted to spend initially, but it was never used for mining.

1 Like