Poison-spitting Tleilaxu Peacekeeper [Dune fan art]

The Tleilaxu Peacekeepers use acidic poison and nerve gas, and are in high demand across the Imperium, their unethical tactics overlooked for their efficiency and low contract costs.

They can sometimes be seen as bodyguards, but are mostly deployed in developing and poorly monitored worlds as punitive death squads.

Heavily modified for enhanced vision and smell, Huntsmen make excellent trackers at the cost of permanently fusing with the exo armor.

The tattoo on this Huntsman’s head reads “death takes away / death gives back”, presumably as a postmortem warning to his future killer.

Silver Scarab insignia of a First Lieutenant and two silver stars (unconfirmed, possibly tied to kill count).

First tattoo attempt in beautiful Chakobsa developed by David J. Peterson’s, fonted by Reddit user u/tokidokiyuki.

Galach makes more sense in this context, so I used the Dune (1984) version, fonted by Michael H. Lee and Josh Dixon.

Viewport.

Initial sketch where I liked the four little eye holes.

Made in Blender 3.5 and Substance Painter.

38 Likes

i really like the sculpting on this… very alien, yet hints at the familiar. :slight_smile: well done

2 Likes

Thank you! I’m glad the familiar details are still noticeable

1 Like

You’re on the featured row! :+1:

1 Like

That is a very interesting perspective on the concept of a life form without skin. Indeed, in most cases, skin and soft tissues serve as a protective barrier for the underlying structures. Either the creature in question is non-organic, or what appears to be a bone skull is actually an armour-like structure protecting the organic tissues beneath it.

1 Like

Thank you!
You hit the nail on the head with the armor function.
First, I sculpted it as a wearable helmet to fit a whole head inside, then I removed the nose and the lower jaw, so the wearer would need to integrate with the armor pretty invasively after having parts of his head amputated.

1 Like

Nice, thanks!

1 Like

This is awesome. Amazing concept and I love all the story behind it, wanna see more! Congratulations

1 Like

He looks like he came straight out of the Denis Villeneuve film!

1 Like

Super cool. You’ve got a great story to it and everything.

1 Like

Thanks you, glad you liked it! I’ll be making more as soon as I can

1 Like

Thanks! I tried to ground it in the fictional universe, although someone else pointed out that the Tleilaxu wouldn’t want to draw this much attention to themselves, so I might’ve overdid it in terms of their numbers and availability for external hire.

Ah, you’re too kind!

I featured you on BlenderNation, have a great weekend!

1 Like