Polaroid Originals™ OneStep 2

Continuing my retro recreation of old-school tech, Polaroid’s OneStep 2!
Scratch modeled, and rendered in Cycles. :slight_smile:

44 Likes

Awesome work. I love the black plastic material.

I’m assuming, because of the micro usb port, that this is the remake Poloroid (or whoever bought them) released a couple of years ago and not the original? Or is this a stylized concept?

Edit: I just noticed the flash bulb behind the diffuse for the flash. This is really excellent work.

1 Like

can you show us some of the wireframe?

1 Like

I featured you on BlenderNation, have a great weekend!

1 Like

Thankyou! :smile:

Correct, this is the modern remake, the OneStep 2. I added the classic rainbow stripe although the recent model doesn’t contain it :slight_smile:

1 Like

Capture

1 Like

Lovely. Well done.

1 Like

Thanks! :smile:

Seriously good job. :camera:
How did you get the bumps on the plastic, was it just a noise bump map?

1 Like

Yeah that’s it! I made a sort of noise texture in photoshop and converted to .bmp, Simple but adds a world of realism. :slight_smile:

You’re #featured! :+1:

1 Like

Thankyou! :grinning:

1 Like

If there’s one camera technology that I really don’t miss, that would be “Polaroid.” Especially the “instant” variety which developed itself right before your eyes. Several times as our family has gone through the accumulated belongings of deceased relatives we found carefully-cataloged family images that were now completely ruined. A few of them, being bound next to each other in photo albums, appear to have transferred some very noxious-looking chemicals.

They never kept well in humidity or heat, this camera uses new film, I believe it’s much more resilient