[poll] bge 🆚 upbge

@modelinblender

Wait a sec. To clarify you want bullet_hit_marks right :thinking: :grey_question:
Not gun muzzle-flares :grey_question:

Why can’t you just have the bullet(or raycast) when hit object turns into → Blood or Squashed bullet :grey_question:

Not sure what you mean. This is the bullet in the mini games

1 Like

Ok @modelinblender -
I think you are trying to make a bullet turn into a hit-mark when it collides with an enemy / obstacle :thinking:

Usually modern games use raycast-bullets & not physical-bullets.

I will try to make a blend file demo for you when I am done with my dead-lines.

For now, have you seen these BGE hit-mark tutorials :arrow_down: :grey_question:

Cotaks does not use bullets with collision. i use a ray that cast in front of the bullet.

all he needs to do is follow that movie, and use bullet_hole.worldPosition details to add sparks next to the bullet hole it self.

or even spawn the sparks same time when creating the bullet hole

or if he want’s real sparks the spawning a few small cubes that moves in random direction would work.

1 Like

Bullet holes, or sparks aren’t really what I want. I already have a sparks effect that was created using that old video there. The sparks work on the wall in the Proteus battle file, but not on the AI. As for the bullet, I want an energy effect.

Like in the film. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IZvv1PPsiBo

If you download the Proteus file you can see for yourself. The spark effect does work, but it isn’t that great, but I am mainly after the bullet effect. I will have to try this for the other file, cotaks put his bullet program thing setup for it, so I’m not sure on an effect, as there is already a bullet mark on the AI.

I think you are looking for Shaders :thinking:

Perhaps something like this :arrow_down: :grey_question:

1 Like

Hmm, I guess that is close enough. But not quite the same effect as seen in the film.

So, if I open the example file in 2.76 or 2.77, it should probably work fine. I guess I can just copy the whole into my file. But then how would a model bullet get that effect, would it mean changing the bullet to what ever the process was involved for these mesh planes.

I posted the files elsewhere, no interest.:rofl:

It wasn’t suppose to be EXACTLY what your looking for :wink:
I’m still trying to figure out what you are trying to accomplish :frowning:

Cool.

Were :thinking:

I tried posting my files via twitter, and a gtaforums. No interest.

The file does work. I’ll get back to you on my progress with it. Thank you.

1 Like

Okay, I tried that, as my bullet is a block, if I add the program script to it and select the material it is linked with a clouds texture. The effect doesn’t display at all well

Having had quite a long experience now over the years I don’t think BGE and UPBGE can be seperated. Events turned out that UPBGE could not be incuded into BGE, which then could have gone into the Blender Archives, whIch I think is great pity as the functions would all be intact in one place over the years to download.

I have yet to see a free realistic game or simulation/game that I could download and try out on these forums. For all the talk where are they all ?
Show me the links and I will have look at them.

My answer is I go back to basics whch is all that is required to make reasonable realistic simulations/games and have my reasons.

Simply by using instancing large routes can be made without increasing the zip size Alt plus D. Thin the vertices with decimate. There are lots of ways to do things and no need for complexiity unless of course easy to use and made a free integrated function.

I have made 0ver 40 I think maritime routes with BGE all free for download on the download page. To keep within requirements all routes are under 5 megabyte so should run on most computers/laptops. Route size varies from about 8 km up to 45 km

However I have made routes and content for ship and railway simulators in the past about 2004 . Some menbers of these forums prattle on about game play. All simulations are games unless made specifically for industry of training etc.

Maybe some menbers should try a rail, flight and ship simulators, then they might know what I am talking about.
There are several free demos available. Might make a change from the zombies, and violence. All simulations are interactive so of course they are games and simulations at the same time.

You can use any of my routes to experiment with as they are all free to download. Change them into road routes, or airports, add your own ships or whatever. Even railways could be made as an interactive simulation/game if trains are kept basic.

For those that like commenting, negatively, you can alway make your own version and would certainly be pleased to look at them when you make them downloadable!

My routes Not for commercial use and use at your own risk.

Try
http://www.openrails.org/
Shipsim demos are available for 2006, 2008 and 2010 I think.
Flight Gear is open source
https://www.flightgear.org/

B

1 Like

Upbge = bge, so indeed upbge can’t be included in BGE becouse it’s already the updated version of BGE.

to download and see for your self:
upbge.org

1 Like

i know about that but is it available in the Blender archives for download whch makes it permanent? The current Blender archives for past versions goes back about 15 years, with all their relevant functions? My routes are restricted to 5 meg max. size to download from the completed routes page based only on 2.79b.
This restricted size is paramount for others to use after they download 2.79b from the Blender archives.

I will have another look at your link
Thanks B

@barrymaritime

First of all.
I like(?) how you posted before voting(?) in the poll :grin:

But professionally speaking.
UPBGE is a great tool.
Just not fully finished to it’s true-potential.
I would advice waiting a couple months more until a stable release is announced :woman_shrugging:

@everyone
Thanks for sharing your opinion :slight_smile:

No because:
1 bge has been removed from blender 2.8 and up (the officials have given up on it)
2 upbge is community driven

however, community made upbge compatible with evee and 2.80 so there is actually a upbge 3.0 that uses blender 2.8.

but in short because upbge is not official but from community they did not include it in the archives.

So is BGE, it’s just suppose to be newer & sexier :woman_shrugging:
I think a lot of people have forgot that BGE was created by the community & is still(?) taken care-of by the community.
That is. I mean. I hope it still is . . .

I don’t think BGE originally was either. That’s what made’s it ironic. Could be wrong on this.

heres an upbge release archive:
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B8EITuogwZr6Mi1EQW5FbERqTHc

heres the blender archive:
https://download.blender.org/release/

1 Like

I probably started with Blender soon after it started.
and use the archives. I used to use gmax c2002-4 with Trainz but could not get used to it and changed to Blender. Again the early versions of the game engine in Blender were difficult to understand. OK now.

I have blocked the tracking on most sites by various companies. Some sites had about 40 different trackers. on one page. Most now blocked using Firefox.

Regarding the routes to be able to make them available for download they need to be below 5 meg and 2.79b works well for the type of of routes I make and using a set procedure.

Thanks
Barry

2 Likes

yeah, i even 2.68 was absolutely awful to work with when i was updating the sintel assets. :confounded:

the trackers are getting pretty ridiculous for sure. firefox+ublock ftw

i really wish the bge exe didnt have to be so huge. but atleast it can be isolated and not required to download over and over

2 Likes

This poorly recorded video from the film is the effects I’d need. I wanted to create that exact scene, without the characters would be, but I could never create that scene. Place a first person trying to damage the robot.

Lost in space movie (Destroy Robinson family) - YouTube