Polygon <> bone envelope collision detection

first off, I must mention, I’m kindof a noob with this area, so go easy on me :slight_smile:

I’ve recently discussed a project with a group of friends,
and they wanted to see if I could fit my character inside an “elastic” bag without the character phasing through the bag.
so it’s kind of something stupid to show off, however, I want to experiment with it.

again, the bag is elastic, and I forgot to mention it’s hung, so it does have a counter-force.

and for a little more detail with my own experimentation, I want to make it slightly controllable…
(you can press buttons and make the character swing the bag around and such)
^ perhapse I could make this into a sort-of challenge game :stuck_out_tongue:

could I get information on how I could do this, with some moderate-expert advice on experience please. :slight_smile:

I’ll be honest, this isn’t exactly “new”…
I’ve been trying to get something working for almost a year now, and am about ready to call the idea a failure :frowning:
information on google and youtube has lead me nowhere, but that could be cause I don’t know exactly what I’m looking for…

can anyone help??
(for a last attempt to get this thing off the ground)

PS:
I’m not sure if this is the right topic, so if not, could I kindly ask a mod to move it. :slight_smile:

EDIT:
forgot to state why I chose the title :stuck_out_tongue:

I’m thinking that might be the best option to use for this >_>

ok, I guess the title doesn’t really fit what I’m looking for…

what I want to do is: (make sure you read the first post)
I think using the bone envelopes from the character to test for collision against the faces of the bag would be a good idea…

am I wrong to think that way?? :confused:
or is what I’m trying to do just so complex that it’s never been attempted and nobody knows how to do it??

I’m so confused and need help… >_<