PolyQuilt addon for Blender 2.8

That sounds good.
By the way, how often is this used compared to regular slices?
If you don’t use it often, I will assign gestures.
If you use it frequently, it is better to switch the function by option.

2 Likes

1.08 seems to be a lot more stable, didn’t have a single crash since. Thanks for the update!

2 Likes

Now everything is fine created. When creating a vertex, this error got out once. Until you can play again. But overall it works better.

2 Likes

I think I would replace the default Blender loopcut & slide with this once the ‘Even’ option is implemented.

2 Likes

I’m probably doing something wrong but I thought it was possible to cut a polygon internally with polyquilt? Or add edges to the inside of a polygon, sort of like the knife tool?

2 Likes

PolyQuilt is a simplified version of the Knife tool that does not allow you to add edges inside surfaces. I will add this to the task list.

3 Likes

Thank you. Being able to do that feels like intuitive than having to switch to the knife tool to add internal details.

1 Like

ver 1.0 .9

• Added LoopCut Even option.
  • Alt is equivalent to mouse button holding. Alt Double-click to toggle the hold state.
9 Likes

This is awesome. Thank you!
Not sure what I did, but I got stuck in ‘delete’ mode this one time.

2 Likes

Is this use of Alt going to interfere with people using the Industry Compatible Keymap, where Alt + the mouse buttons are used for navigation?

1 Like

Yes, that’s right.
So I added a function to lock hold by double-clicking Alt.
It may improve in the future.

1 Like

How can it be used?

1 Like

On the Top Bar, there are 2 buttons, Equal & Even.

1 Like

Oh, thanks for the hint. My top bar is usually hidden. Tools panel for me then.

The Tools menu on the top bar is not working.
This setting is recommended.

But why are there three places to set up?

So far, no problems have been found, but the polygons are already created highlighted. So it should be?
GIF
This error also gets out: PolyQuilt addon for Blender 2.8 - #63 by TheCharacterhero
GIF1

It’s because of all the disagreements within the community concerning where tool settings should go. The original plan was to just place all tool settings in a global topbar. The property editor was originally meant to just be a place to list global and object specific properties, not tool settings.

When people started to voice complaints about only having the setting listed horizontally, they added them to the property editor, then later when people complained about not being able to use a 1 editor layout, they changed the global topbar into a local one, and added a vertical listing of the settings to the n-panel.

1 Like

PolyQuilt 1.0. 10 is now available.
Several bug fixes and new features have been added.

• Add Edge Snap Divisions setting
  • Add “Parallel” “Flex” “Bend” to extrude type setting

Bend and Flex may be useful for retopology.
https://twitter.com/sakanaya/status/1167794154098675719

12 Likes

Very good! There are no errors yet, but are the vertex created highlighted

1 Like

Is add-on development discontinued?

1 Like