Pontiac GTO / Cinematography Study / Blender Eevee

Created in Blender and rendered using Eevee. Pontiac GTO Model found for free online years ago, everything textured by myself.

17 Likes

Even zoomed in, this could be easily mistaken for a photograph. I feel like all its missing is a darkened figure sitting in the drivers seat.

What was the rendertime? And how did you get the filmic/gritty photographic look down so well?

1 Like

Awesome work!!! You did some really good texturing.

1 Like

Awesome work and also reassuring.

I decided to switch to EEVEE to render the entire film I’m working on. The indoor shots are turning out great but I haven’t started the outdoor shots yet and was worried how they would turn out.

This lighting in this frame is very similar to the style I was envisioning for some inner city shots.
I may pick your brain later down the road if you don’t mind.

Tim

1 Like

Thank you!

Thanks, and it’s definitely not a complicated set up. I think in this shot I have 2 lights, one on either side of the car, and always an HDRI for the reflections on the car but keeping the settings very low. I also bake a cube-map around the car for more reflections. When I get a chance I’ll take a screenshot of the setup I used.

1 Like

Here’s how the scene looks outside of the camera, the only light your not seeing in this shot is I have an area light off to the right to reflect on the driver’s side of the car. I have an HDRI in the scene but it is set very low to add extra reflections on the car.

2 Likes

Render times for this scene are on average 6-9 minutes depending on how many lights I have turned on or off, rendered at 1920x1080 on a Nvidia GTX 1080ti graphic card. The photographic look comes also from using Adobe Lightroom for color correction, I always use VSCO presets which mimic most film stocks.

Thank you for taking the time. Your lighting setup is exactly what I was curious about. :metal:t2:

1 Like

No problem, cheers!

1 Like

I featured you on BlenderNation, have a great weekend!

1 Like

Thanks Bart!

1 Like