Pool table WIP

Before doing anything else, I had to make sure I could get the felt realistic. Am I allowed to plug addons from blender market? I’m using simple scatter by Troy Bowen. Worth buying ($10) and definitely watch the video a couple times.

Right now, I’m scattering 4M instances of about 6 hair-like objects with processing and rendering ending up around 1 minute at 256 samples. The geometry node angle was a joke to try, but I did try it. The free biome/scatter doesn’t have a viewport percentage so that went out the window quickly, too. Anyway, here’s the WIP and wonderful 3D (not planes) felt.

1 Like

of course… this is your artwork, you can do use any software/addons you like. it is nice for us to know what you use, but that’s more because we are curious, not any forum rule. :slight_smile: sure, there may be some competitions or whatever that might restrict you, but this site as a whole? no. :slight_smile: that said, it is nice if you don’t use blender at all, you do tag it as non-blender or traditional. and in that vein, there are peeps that show (irl) paintings, ink drawings, etc.

Awesome, thanks for the info!