Poor performances in blender

Hello everyone :slightly_smiling_face:

I am facing a big performance problem with my computer. While sculpting with alfas, I added a multires to 4 which I applied. The number of vertices is impressive, it’s true, but it was the only way to have good quality on the mesh. Now I want to add eyelashes in the particle system and blender bug, it’s super long to load, it takes half a second to check, uncheck …
Is my machine not sufficient for what I am trying to do? I thought I was fine ^^ what can I do to lighten the viewport while doing my changes ?

my setup :

32 gb de ram
SSD 1to
nvidia rtx 3080
amd ryzen 3900xt

Why did you apply the multires? That completely defeats the point of it. You have a 26 million vert mesh - of course Blender is slow :stuck_out_tongue:

It seems it’s not necessarily your computer is slow, but more your understanding of the process in general for doing what you’re doing needs some adjustment.

Yes, I still have so much of basics to learn…I apply the multires because it was doing some weird artifact with the hair particle on the mesh… but I realise my mistake , it’s because the mutires was on the top of the particle system in the modifier :sweat:
Now I have apply a decimate

Why it’s a mistake to apply the multires ?

So it seems that you’re using Multires to add skin details, such as pours etc…Whilst this is correct, you don’t want to use this version of the mesh for ‘production’. It’s just not practical to use such a dense mesh for any kind of final rendering. Generally, you will want to bake the details as either a displacement or normal map, and then apply said maps to your original, lower poly mesh.

1 Like

Yes and with this technique I need to UV map a all body right ? This technique is very complicated to do and create mask with the normal maps is still like an enigma to achieve … that’s why I’ve use alpha cause it’s really like if you’re working with the texture
I will continue my reserch on normal maps ,thank you a lot for your help ! :slight_smile:

Yes, you will need to have it UV unwrapped.

Generally, you have two versions of the mesh. The original, and a higher poly version with the additional details.

You can still use your alphas, and sculpt in the way you have been. You just don’t use that mesh for your final renderings. Instead, you bake the information from that mesh as a normal or displacement map, onto a lower poly version.

1 Like