Pose sheets?

Think that’s what I am looking for.

Left, right, front and back of walking running characters. Anyone know of a site that supplies stuff like that?

Regards Shaun

Nor sure what you want, but try www.3d.sk

1 Like

Thanks. Should have been more clear. Stuff like this.

This is the type of thing usually found in books, like Richard Williams’ “The Animator’s Survival Kit” which has ~100 pages on walk cycles with a ton of diagrams for varying a walk.

The only online source I’m aware of that has as many variations (perhaps more) is the Boston Public Library’s collection of Muybridge photos which is available from this site. There may be others.

And the Muybridge stuff is all live action. In case you don’t know his work, he did the first studies of human and animal locomotion back 1887.

1 Like

Hi Sackadoo

Thanks so much, just what I was looking for.

I also found this www.endlessreference.com

Packages are fairly cheap and you could install software that will extract the images from the videos and then use these as reference, that is until Blender supports video as background images.

Regards

Shaun

What do you mean? Blender already supports this. Press N and look for background images. Enable it, and press add image. Switch it to move clip and point to the movie clip on your system. The movie will show up when you are in orthographic mode (5 on the numberpad).

Blender also supports placing video textures on planes, and you can use its video editor to convert portions of videos into .png images.

Hi zanzio

Thanks for that, did not know about it. :blush:

Regards

Shaun

Edit: Looking again I must have been blind not to see it.

The n-panel is part of the 3D View window. With the mouse over the window, hit the ‘n’ key. Scroll down to near the bottom and you’ll see Background images.

Thanks for that Sackadoo. :grinning:

1 Like