Possible Virus Warning... 3DCafe

I’m NOT 100% certain, but as www.3DCafe.com is the site that I was browsing when my Virus Warning went off, I would say that 3DCafe might have been compromised…:mad:

The virus in question is rather LOW risk and is called ‘DOWNLOAD’, it’s a trojan, and appears to be within a HTML file. So you might want to be careful near that site…:frowning:

P.S. It took me 10 minutes to remove the Virus, and another 5hours getting my system backup…:mad: :mad: :mad:

P.P.S. Hope this proves usefull to you lot…:slight_smile:

what anti virus are you using?

norton, mcafee and avast dont pick up anything for me…

I use Norton, which is set to scan all incoming data straight away…
I’d updated the scanner and all virus sig’s only that morning…
I hope I’m wrong, but better safe than sorry, but as I’d only just entered the site and not attempted to download anything, I don’t see as it can be anything but malignant:frowning:

Use Firefox. :cool:

Will look see… thanks…

Nothing here either… I tried browsing it with Firefox 2.0.0.4 and Internet Explorer 7 and Opera 9.2. Visited their register, forum and online store pages… I have Norton Internet Security with the latest updates.

Also their user counter is showing “22 guests and 3248 members online”. Might be that virus ridden page doesn’t have that much online users… just a thought.

Are you sure that it was the only page that you had open when the alert went of? Also it’s possible nowadays that you just have to have your internet connection open when something like that happens…

Yes - Only that one page… And I have BT Broadband, so connection is always open…