Post-Apocalyptic Tank Scene

It’s kind of a bit late for me to start a WIP thread for this, as I am not planning on doing much more to it, but I wanted some crits/advice on what I should change.

13 minutes at 300 samples----Please click to view full image

Everything in the scene is made by me, except for the sky, and the textures on the signs. (most of the materials are procedural)

A disposed enemy or two in the form of burned out car chassis or something would further the narrative. The smoke plumes (much better seen in the uncropped version) from the towers look brand new, not long-burning so some flames licking out of windows would match the implied timeline. The image highlights many things and becomes unable to bring focus on one central item.

What I like most of all is the excellent incorporation of near, mid and background with points of interest and those rocks on the ground. I know that’s a challenge in Blender’s 3D space. Personal project?

I agree with earlier reply. Also you could consider adding a gunner and a machine gun on the roof, if it’s that kind of tank. The humans bodylanguage can express the degree of tension they feel driving there.

Very cool! I love the atmosphere. :slight_smile:

Cool image, is that a T80, the chassis looks like the one on the t72, t80 or t90 .

Thanks for the replies!

@HelloHiHola I don’t think I have the effort/skill to make a burned out car chassis that actually looks any good, although I did add some old tires to the side of the road. The smoke plumes in the current image were just image planes using cycles smoke renders I made in a different file to save memory and render time, but I am working on recreating the smoke in the actual file. I have also toned down the brightness on the signs to bring a bit more focus to the tank. Btw, I just made this for fun and practice. (I’m 14).

@ShadowCamero Thanks!

@jagdpanther It is actually a T90M, but I had to make some parts from slightly different models, as I couldn’t find many consistent reference images. I’ll attach some closeups of the tank.

Current Image: (I’m still working on the new smoke, so this is still the old smoke)

Tank Closeups:

Btw, the tank tracks and wheels are rigged to move with the tank automatically.