🚀 Post pictures of your Blender 2.8 Code Quest Rocket here!

OK, here we go (totally pointless btw.)

We saw 67 pictures (of rockets). From those pictures are 3 supposedly showing the same rocket (since they only showed one rocket each within the same post). Within these 67 pictures ( and respecting the 3 duplicates) 3 people showed more than one rocket. One we saw 5 and two time we saw 2. Let’s do the (totally pointless ) math: 67pic-6peep+9rock = 70 depicted rockets.
We also have a total of 15 pictures showing stickers. One of them showing 2 Stickers together with 5 rockets and 2 showing two rockets without stickers.
Let’s pretend, you will get 1 sticker for every 2 rockets.

Well, we have yet to see (at minimum(another totally pointless math stunt)) 2*(15pic-4rock)=22rock;)

There where 3200rock of which 70seen + 22susppected_to_be_also_landed which translates to:
(3200rock_in_total) - (92seen_and_suspected)=3108to_be_posted_here.

As you can guess from the time I am posting this. I am Kidding.
But please keep posting :wink:

Edit: I totally forgot: There are two stickers missing. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Ireland,Galway

9 Likes

Half expecting some “Pikmin” to jump out!

Rostock, Germany.

4 Likes

I discovered this thread only yesterday and it totally made my day! I’m glad you like the rockets and this is an awesome gallery, people!
Best regards from the Blender Institute in Amsterdam :smiley:

3 Likes

@Julien_Kaspar is there any chance of opensourcing the model used to create the rocket?

That’s a good question! I thought it was already uploaded somewhere on the Blender Cloud but I can check tomorrow. If not then it would be nice to finally upload the model for everyone to use :+1:

3 Likes

So the plan is to put the rocket model and the scene renders of the launch/landing site and all the artworks related to the code quest into a new Art Gallery folder on the Blender Cloud. We’re currently collecting all the files and soon it will be online for everyone to download :slight_smile:

4 Likes

My rocket landed today in Mexico. They are so damn awesome!

5 Likes

Great idea! Supported. But for anything but a desk top, particularly thin laptops, horrible design.

You know there is a reason why they design them thin. :wink:

If you do anything like this again, think of a more practical design. And base your design off of existing research.

Don’t just do something because it looks cool or fits another theme.

1. Does not fit between other USB devices. And if you try and force it, it causes stress to the other ports. So you have to remove devices on the other side.

2. If your laptop is thin, you have to prop it up with something. (mine runs cool so I don’t use a stand) Otherwise the laptop rests on the USB device and puts stress on the port.

By way I would have bought it as a toy to support the effort. Or maybe something a little more elaborate but not functional.

When I got it, I thought, cool. Cute. Then the other day I needed a USB drive and did not have one handy… ah I bought the rocket!

I soon found out how useless it was as a storage device. Cool that it has content. But again… the deign does not match.

Just saying.

Design another one. I will buy it again. :wink:

2 Likes

Tiny Numbat and Tiny Quoll inspect the Code Quest rocket that landed in Australia back on 25 May

6 Likes

there is 100% truth to what you say, but it’s also worth noting that usb extension cables do exist. :slight_smile:

1 Like

lol… seriously? You have to be joking.

But on that note it would have been a great idea to design the rocket as a hub.

This one reached India :slight_smile:

6 Likes

This little guy finally made it to Canada!

4 Likes

Man, I was hoping to see more faces of the Blender community in here, together with their rockets. :upside_down_face:

Let me have a go:

High five to all my fellow code quest supporters!! :raised_hand_with_fingers_splayed:

6 Likes

Another rocket has arrived here in Sydney Australia. Looking forward to the beta of 2.8 e.g. when it’s ready for us addon developers to migrate to 2.8.

9 Likes

My rocket has reached it´s final destination:

6 Likes

The rocket landed a few days ago in Uppsala University :3

5 Likes

Awww so cute!

1 Like