Post processing after render?

Hello
I had a big trouble in making ultra realstic scene in blender,no matter how much detail you scene consists if you dont master the lighting you scene looks kind of fake.
Example we have an interior scene and we dont want to add extra light to fill in shadows,
when we use hdri to lit the scene,most of the time is not enough, after we make hdri stonger it becomes more white, white color becomes the dominant color, when we increase it more then the light starts clipping and the texture details washes away,and most of the colors starts to get mixed with white color and it loses its original color.On other hand lighting a scene only with hdri just making it a little bit stronger the scene colors remain the same but it is very dark. I want to change my approach about working on my 3d, i want to use hdri and then increasing the exposure value to lit the scene better, and after the scene gets mixed with white by photoshop of lightroom i can give its original colors and by this approach i can maintain details and its original colors. Is anyone using this kind of approach for better results and what do you think is it good to work on this way?

Below are some examples of this method

I think this is about your choice.
People who are good at Photoshop only produce the basics in 3D and do everything in Photoshop. :slightly_smiling_face:

A very famous film photographer, Ansel Adams, once pointed out that: “a picture is captured in the camera, but it is made in the darkroom.” (He then gifted his original negatives, and his expertise in the form of lessons, to the “Center for Creative Photography” at the University of Arizona in Tucson.)

What we loosely refer to as “compositing” might actually refer to anything that we subsequently do to an image after we have originally rendered it.

It’s fairly easy to find “making of” videos today in which you see “the footage as originally filmed” and can now compare it to “what you saw on the screen.” There is an enormous difference. And, it is “voodoo.”